Sign in to follow this  
Kingfish

Found Throttle cable Bracket that fits FORD Cables

I finally found a Bracket that will fit a Ford Throttle Cable. I got it through Summit Racing but you can find them elsewhere. I liked the Lokar Brackets but since I just replaced my throttle cable with a stock one I wanted a bracket that would fit it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CSI-612B/

thats great, let us know how it goes, if i dont have to replace my 69 throttle cable/pedal and can adapt it to this bracket.. that would be great!!

FWIW, if you want something quick and does the job, the Spectre univeral chrome ones fit the stock ford cables. They can be found at your local parts store in the chrome dress-up section.

1215431433146_SPE_2418.jpg

Click on the URL below and look at the picture of the bracket I ordered. It doesn't look quite the same as the picture you posted. CSR make a lot of brackets. The bottom URL shows some of them.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CSI-612B/

http://csr-performance.com/shop/category.da/brackets/throttle-cable-brackets

Edited by Kingfish
bad URL

I've got the Spectre one and it works like a dandy with my ford cable. Air cleaner is big enough that you really don't see it either, which is a plus since its a universal and a bit clunky looking. That CSR one looks really fancy but it better be the best thing since sliced bread for that kind of $$$.

Since way too many parts that I've ordered over the years have been wrong I decided to call CSR again and speak to their tech support people. The fellow I spoke with was very familiar with the 69 Mach 1. His brother in-law had one. Anyway he said he knew the CSR-612 bracket would fit the stock Ford throttle cable. It shows up tomorrow so then I'll know if it fits for sure!

I got the CSR Throttle Cable Bracket (612B) and it would fit with some modification. But it was actually made for a different (newer) style Ford Cable like Chillininnh pointed out initially. I should have listened! But in my defense both Summit & CSR Tech support said it would work for a 69 Ford Throttle Cable. It was close But No Cigar!

Steve

That looks like what most people need. One of the catalogers should invest in something like that. Basically all we really need is the existing 4v bracket that is reproduced now, with a hump engineered into it for the vacuum fitting on Holleys. Not hard to do.

i just sent him an email to see if he has any remaining... :001_smile: