Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

Can not decide if i should keep my console or ditch it?

Im getting near the time on my build to consider my interior now. I have a restored original console. My car is heavily modified pro tour build and everything inside the interior will no longer be original mustang.

I have been liking the look of these cars without the consoles but i like it both ways. It really is a different look all together.

My entire rear seat is deleted and there will be a leather floor partition along with leather side original panels that were painstakingly molded to fit my mini tubs.

Considering i have no rear seat would removing the console really make the car feel empty with no back seat?

I think it adds more detail to the interior and in my case it gave me a place to hide my central locking relay, keyless entry transceiver, and power door lock switch. Also ran my aux in for the stereo into the console compartment. Rest assured though if you don't want it, it will be an easy sell because plenty of others do like them.

The way i see it is it will cost Lot of dough to modify and wrap the original console in leather. I do like the arm rest compartment for storage but it isnt a must have. My interior layout is similar to the pure vision anvil mustang. Their car looks so killer with no console. I am not sure who supplied them with the nice trim cor the bottom of the shifter but i really like the look. Im so up in he air now with this.

just checked my master marti report and my car did not come with a console so someone added this along the way. i think i might delete it for now until the interior is in and il decide maybe il make a custom console or modify the original a little.

That interior would look good with or without console....

I'm tripping over those same seats right now in my garage after I went up to the Recaros. Someone make me an offer!

Oh and I got $350 for my complete console just before they were reproduced. Unfortunately UPS destroyed the item during shipping. The buyer was crushed and I had a long affair with UPS insurance but did get paid. If you have a custom interior thing going, I think you're better off without it or with a custom one.