Sign in to follow this  
Nightowl

1969 mustang GT 2 + 2?

Did Ford ever make this type of Mustang? I had a 1965 2 + 2, but I didn't know they made one in 1969. I also would like to know if they made a 1969 mustang GT, and if that is what was the Shelby? I have seen pics of a 69 Shelby, and the front and rear look alot different. Thanks

They did indeed make a '69 GT. My only expertise is in the fastback version, as that's what I have :) Is that what's considered a 2+2?

The '69 GT fastback looks just like a '69 Mach1, except for some paint/stripe details. The '69 Shelby looks a bit different -- as I'm sure you've googled, the front, rear and hood are different.

All production mustangs were technically 2+2s with the possible exception of some 65 Shelby's which I think had a rear seat delete option and a fglass deck/spare tire shelf in its place. 65 2+2 was an upgrade sales package in which included certain options I can't recall. 69 is the last year for the GT till ford brought it back in 82. And of course the 69 Shelbys are a separate model intentionally different from other mustang models.

2+2 pertains to the seating setup in Mustangs. Two in the front plus two in the back. Given the back seat design where the drive shaft tunnel cuts through the rear seat you could only seat two people in the back.

I thought the GT option could be had on any body style?. I have seen 65-68 GT's on all body styles, in fact I had a 68 GT Coupe a while back.

Yes, the GT option was available and produced in all 3 body styles.

The term was dropped after '66. '67-'68 were just referred to as fastbacks. Not all fastbacks in '65-'66 were 2+2 because some had the front bench seat option. So if you saw a 2+2 from '65-'66, it meant that it was a fastback with front bucket seats.

The term was dropped after '66. '67-'68 were just referred to as fastbacks. Not all fastbacks in '65-'66 were 2+2 because some had the front bench seat option. So if you saw a 2+2 from '65-'66, it meant that it was a fastback with front bucket seats.

Agree, I forgot about the front bench seat option.

I actually had the 2 + 2 emblem on my 65, and thought that the 66 also had it, but never seen it again after the 66 model. If its all in the name and no badge, do they even list it as a 2 + 2 after 66? There is a car on ebay for sale that is a 69 GT, but looking at other cars, the steering wheel is a 2 spoke vs the 3 spoke that came on the Mach 1's. My Nephew was interested in it, and asked me about it, but I am not an expert when it comes to a GT. The badge is on the fender, and the wheels say GT, but something just tells me to stay away. I told him if he was really interested in it, to get a Marti report of the vin number. I hope I told him right. I guess when they want you to get an inspector to look at it, it raised a red flag for me, just the way the description was wrote, that if you didn't get one, you take what you get. It is a barn find, and is from Oklahoma. The title does say MGT on it, but like i said, I am not that well versed with what the GT options would of been that year. I do have a parts break down, and it said the GT option was 146.00, so I really don't know what those options could be. I figured you guys probably knew what they would be.

Richard

It might be but the fender emblem is from a '68 GT. 1969 GT's had stripes but no emblem like that. Most 1969 GT's were build early in the production year as the Mach 1 was introduced in 1969 and basically replaced the Mustang GT model line.

It might be but the fender emblem is from a '68 GT. 1969 GT's had stripes but no emblem like that. Most 1969 GT's were build early in the production year as the Mach 1 was introduced in 1969 and basically replaced the Mustang GT model line.

+1 those are definately NOT 69 GT emblems they sre from a 68 GT.

Car is definitely over priced in my opinion. A buddy of mine buys/sells/restores Mustangs and has a '69 CJ Mach 1 car in similar shape with much better condition original floor pans in it and he's asking just over $15,500 for it and a CJ car is much more valuable.

The 2+2 option consisted of front bucket seats, rear fold down seat that sat two people, and the 2+2 emblems on the fenders in place of the standard "Mustang" emblem. That's it....Deluxe interior was a separate package option.