Sign in to follow this  
Cornerstone

AR500 Help

I shot my mouth off and said that i was ordering new wheels about a month ago and still no wheels on order. it always seems by the time i get around to searching the web its after 8pm and well, no luck. I tried Mr Wheel Deal and they told me that the ford bolt pattern was out of stock for about 6 weeks, so no quote was offered. i went into my local Discount Tire and they can sell me the wheels at 375.00 each for the rears (17x9.5) and the fronts at 350. each (17x8). I wanted to get tires ,wheels, and lugs all as a package deal balanced and ready to slap on. The Discount Tire deal was like 2300+ tax. bringing it almost to 2500.:scared: So Im asking you all for help in finding these little jewels at better price. I dont think i care about road hazzard warranty so any opinions? I know there is no sales tax on out of state internet purchases (at the moment) and shipping is cheaper than tax. I figure that these wheels look so appropriate on this car that someone in 69stang-land has been down this road. Help me spend this cash buning a whole in my pocket!

I tried to post from my iPhone earlier some details but I guess I hit the home button before the send button. Lol. I emailed Jack,at the link Black Jade gave me, at midnight Saturday telling him what I wanted and at 7 am Sunday I had an offer of 1199$ shipped with lugs and stems! I shot back an email telling Jack that I wanted them and to call me at his convenience. He calls me with the correct order info and price he quoted an hour later, and bingo they are on order! Repeat, this is Sunday morning! So hopefully in 3-4 weeks I can post up pics with these sweet looking rims on the Mach.:thumbup1:

That's a good price. Just note that I have to believe since these are a custom order that the Ford bolt pattern is out of stock for everyone so I would expect 6 weeks plus 4 weeks at the least, knowing the BS I went thru with American Racing way back when I wouldn't be surprised if it was even longer.

FWIW this was the offer I had originally got from Mr. Wheel Deal which I then used at my local Town Fair Tire for a price match minus shipping and including free installation, alignment, road hazzard etc....

Thanks for checking with me on these wheels. I just verified that they ARE currently available in your fitment (ready to be custom built, takes 3-4 weeks), and I can get them to you for only $1239. To complete the set, we have (2)275/40/17 and (2)245/45/17 Hankook Ventus H105 tires for an additional $439. This includes FREE mounting and balancing, so they'll arrive at your door ready to bolt on and go.

Shipping typically takes 3-7 business days, and will be $138 for the full package, or $69 for the wheels without tires.

Edited by Pakrat

Jack called me back and verified he had placed the order and then said a lot of guys are receiving them in 3 weeks.

-How is it that they don't have the centers of the wheel if it's a custom wheel? Wouldn't you just produce those next? I guess they outsource the centers.??

This guy jack told me that he had the rarest mustang known, only 10 produced, an Acapulco blue, SCJ shaker/coupe with a drag pac /automatic. Sounds pretty rare to me...

Time will tell I guess but yeah the centers are an interchangable part since this wheel is offered for more than just Ford cars. I guess I'm just curious why he could get them and not Mr. Wheel Deal too, the only thing I know for sure is I was originally told 3 weeks for almost 6 months before I finally cancelled since I had pre-paid in full for a custom order and was sick of my money being tied up.

I think he is close to where they make them. He also has some inside with Wheel Pros (American Racing). Side note I replaced the factory American caps with Repo Magnum 500 caps with a custom mounts I made myself. Almost a dead ringer for factory wheels now.

I think he is close to where they make them. He also has some inside with Wheel Pros (American Racing). Side note I replaced the factory American caps with Repo Magnum 500 caps with a custom mounts I made myself. Almost a dead ringer for factory wheels now.

Yeah he said that American Racing was just down the street. Any pics of the caps you modified? I know the center caps on my torq thrusts are pretty lousy so I'm not expecting much from AR on the quality of these caps too.

Sweet, super glad I was wrong! I actually like the stock AR cap, one thing I am never fond of on a mustang is too many mustang logos. My buddy's car looks like a fricken corral inside, he has the logo on everything the aftermarket offers, seat belts, floor mats, radio face, seat covers, shifter knob you name it.

I just got the BFG's mounted to the rims but no lug nuts yet. :ohmy: I will have to at least mount them with the wrong lugs just to see them on the car. I won't drive it till the right ones are on. Pics soon! :laugh:

Well I've had 2 attempts at mounting the new setup to no avail. The previous owner installed a kenwood alarm and I think it is causing the problem. My car is down in the barn and I can't get it running to get it up to the house/tools. I really want to take it out of the car but I despise the thought of electrical work. Crap. Maybe I need to start a thread in the technical forum.

How much of PITA is it to install a new harness? I have read that some of the kits are made for for the 69 specifically. I've installed one of their kits into another car from Painless Wiring and it was actually quite painful. That kinda tells you my skill set.lol

My car is down in the barn and I can't get it running to get it up to the house/tools.

OK I absolutely need more details because I am struggling without them to see how an alarm is getting in the way of mounting wheels and tires??!??!?!??!

Pac... My barn is down a big ass hill and none of my tools/air compressor/jacks are down there with the car. Plus its a dirt floor and no electricity...I dont want to work in dirt. The alarm system was not letting me start it up but I guess it reset or something. I changed the batteries in the remote and that didnt change anything. Im thinking that the alarm switch on the hood might have been keeping it from starting. Anyways the car started right up when I tried today.