Sign in to follow this  
turboclevor

If you had an unlimited budget....

I am building my 69 Coupe with a 1970's theme. 1970 standard Highback buckets, Ansen sprint aluminum slotted wheels 15", RWL tires, new paint with pin stripping that was usually done hot rods/street rods. The 302 I have is out of an 87 LTD C/V that is a roller motor doing a mild build, intake, carb, cam & headders, & 3.50 - 3.70 rear gears.

Well, since you did ask...

- 351 Cleveland with factory iron heads, a Lunati Voodoo 268/276 cam and dual plane intake (yeah, I like Clevelands)

- Tremec 5-speed bolted to the Cleveland

- Traction Lock rear diff with something like a 3:80 or 3:90 gear

- Factory style power disc brakes up front, stock drums out back

- Factory style power steering

- If I lived in a hot and humid climate, I'd include A/C (and dial down the choice of cam a bit)

- For the suspension, I'd keep the factory setup, but add roller perches, do the Arning/Shelby drop, add a 1" anti-sway bar up front and a 3/4" out back. Something like Bilstein or KYB shocks. (I know this is theoretically an unlimited budget, but I find Koni shocks just too overpriced.)

- 69 Mach 1 interior; black

- Tilt wheel

- Nice sound system that's mostly stealth and with a factory appearance

- Front and rear spoiler

- Calypso Coral or Grabber Orange paint (yeah, I like orange)

- Factory, fake hood scoop with the turn signals at the back (not a shaker, but still cool)

- 69 Mach 1 striping on the hood

- 69 Mach 1 hood pins

- 15" or 16" Magnum 500 wheels

Is this at all helpful? Or, is this just basic stuff you've already considered?

Edited by Klutch

Well, since you did ask...

- 351 Cleveland with factory iron heads, a Lunati Voodoo 268/276 cam and dual plane intake (yeah, I like Clevelands)

- Tremec 5-speed bolted to the Cleveland

- Traction Lock rear diff with something like a 3:80 or 3:90 gear

- Factory style power disc brakes up front, stock drums out back

- Factory style power steering

- If I lived in a hot and humid climate, I'd include A/C (and dial down the choice of cam a bit)

- For the suspension, I'd keep the factory setup, but add roller perches, do the Arning/Shelby drop, add a 1" anti-sway bar up front and a 3/4" out back. Something like Bilstein or KYB shocks. (I know this is theoretically an unlimited budget, but I find Koni shocks just too overpriced.)

- 69 Mach 1 interior; black

- Tilt wheel

- Nice sound system that's mostly stealth and with a factory appearance

- Front and rear spoiler

- Calypso Coral or Grabber Orange paint (yeah, I like orange)

- Factory, fake hood scoop with the turn signals at the back (not a shaker, but still cool)

- 69 Mach 1 striping on the hood

- 69 Mach 1 hood pins

- 15" or 16" Magnum 500 wheels

Is this at all helpful? Or, is this just basic stuff you've already considered?

i already have a 351 cleveland 4v all stock except a holley carb and headers and i wanted a manual trans but havent figured out which to get and yes i by no means have an unlimited budget but it helps to say that to get more replies

i already have a 351 cleveland 4v all stock except a holley carb and headers and i wanted a manual trans but havent figured out which to get and yes i by no means have an unlimited budget but it helps to say that to get more replies

Technically, a 351 Cleveland puts more power than a T5 can handle. But I've talked to a guy at the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup who has a T5 bolted behind his modified Cleveland. He has been running it for years and has yet to break anything. He really flogs his Mustang on the autocross track, but that's about it.

The Tremec transmissions are rated for much more power and are really the best choice behind a Cleveland. Of course, they do cost more than a T5.

unlimited budget.. hmm

thinking of my car & not really a coupe :balloon:

I think I'd swap out my 302 for a 2013 BOSS 302 supercharged

Rack n Pinion steering

4 link rear suspension

I'd keep my 9 inch diff w/3.73 gears

Six speed manual transmission

hydraulic clutch

brand new pedal assembly so my clutch pedal doesn't stick

new interior with Recaro or similar seats

I'd step up to 18 inch wheels or bigger and enough runner to fill the wheel wells

get all my chrome redone

Keep my sweet stereo :thumbup1:

Then race the hell out of it and when things get beat up .. unlimited budget kicks in and upgrades everything!

What I would do is extend the wheel housing lip like the "agent 47 car" convert the front suspension to accommodate the 5.0L motors/drivetrain. Rear suspension would be a ford 9, with TCP holding it. I would paint it silver or dark metallic color with some nice dark wheels from forgeline and some big brakes.

I guess you can say im almost comparing it to my build..but in this case my build has ford 392w stroker with basic suspension mods and a VV brake kit with gloss black fr500s lol

unlimited budget

• dart 427 small block
  • Jon Kaase P-38 heads, ported
  • FPA ceramic headers
  • IRS
  • carbon fiber driveshaft
  • David Kee Top Loader with Gear Vendors
  • coil over front suspension
  • 4 wheel ABS disk brakes
  • TCP power rack pinion

Well, besides what I show in my photobucket album.

Current plans include rebuilding my 351C, would like to go dry sump oil system and ARAO 4 valve heads.

Richmond 6 speed

Aftermarket IFS, not 100% decided yet but leaning towards S&W heavy duty MII setup.

Fabricated 3-link out back, would like to go IRS though.

4 wheel disks

~3:50 gears

Fabricating instrument panel and much of interior.

Onboard pc system integrated with audio system.

Widening rear quarters & frt fenders for hefty meats.

Molded frt bumper, lower pan and air dam.

Edited by RacerX