Sign in to follow this  
zanado

4 year resto

I know its a Grande but in the family since day 1 History is father inlaw made me pay him 100 dollars for it in 79 can you believe that . Just kidding of course.Drove it for 3 years then the little buggers came along.Parked it till 2007.thats when the big buggers left.After 4 years of trial and error doing bodywork and painting, engine work and interior as well its finally driveable still have to finish the console and tweeks here and there,But what a feeling because I took a lot of flack from people saying Iwas crazy and would never be able to do it HA.So for those who are leary of taking the step it can be done not easy but in the end you will know your car inside and out.

s

That is really fantastic! Beautiful work. I hope my coupe looks as nice when I get there.

The console is probably the best I have seen - love the additional gauges - everything fits perfect! If you are willing to share plans for that console, I'd sure be interested.

Great work - It's gotta be hugely satisfying to fire that thing up and cruise in it. Congrats.

My first was a Grande. 250 i6. fond mems till I got 50mph rear ended hit. but then came my complete Mach I for $500. fluke for sure. early 80s, rite place at rite time.

Still love the Grande. Wish I would have kept it instead of disecting it.

My Mach has the same story. stored for a couple decades and now in final stages.

Good job man. THese are wonderful cars !!!!!!!!!!!!

I never made any plans or photos of it since it was only an idea in my head and wasnt sure how it would turn out.But if you want any suggestions or info on doing one give me a holler.The cost of it was approx 150 dollars and no special tools The only reason I did one was the oringinal was 700 dollars and no cup holders.The after market nice but not the look I wanted

Daaaaaaang! It's my car! Great job man. This was the original color of mine. I'm going back with it when I get finished throwing parts at mine. I just tell myself that I'm still in the "mock-up" phase right now! This is definitely inspiration!