Sign in to follow this  
Powershift

Shelby Reunion Pics, Pamona Ca

Here are a few quick pics of some badass '69/'70 Stangs from Saturday morning in Pamona. This was at the NHRA museum, and was celebrating 50 years of Shelby.

An awesome vintage Trans Am racer... '69 Shelby.

2va1end.jpg

23ij8s6.jpg

Beautiful '69 Boss 429

2rfvqkl.jpg

Hal Baer's personal '69 Fastback. He's owned this car since 1972.

15zkxza.jpg

14" rotors with 6 piston calipers, front and rear.

27xmc95.jpg

6ekfpd.jpg

I took a TON more pics at this event, which I'll post up later. I also took another ton of pics at the annual Knott's Berry Farm "Fabulous Fords Forever" show yesterday.

Edited by Powershift

10" wheels up front?!?!?! Ugh, pretty to look at but doesn't sound like fun to parallel park even with power assist.

awesome! cant wait to see the pics!!

pak ... parallel park .... i have lived in the woods too long... i think i have parallel parked 2 times in the last 20 years.... :clap:

at least thats what im telling myself since i just ordered a TCP manual rack and 9" wheels for the back and front..:biggrin: i need to burn some calories anyway:biggrin:

That's the first time I've seen a vintage and modern GT parked side by side! Man, I would have wasted a couple of hours just comparing all the details like I was watching a tennis match.

I really hate those helmet bumps on the originals though, they look like such a poor after thought on such a cool and impresive car, almost cartoonish.

It was pretty cool comparing the Ford GTs to a GT40. You can really see Ford tried to incorporate the classic styling, with a late model interpretation. But, it clearly shows just how LOW a true GT40 really sits too!!

2qc2vk4.jpg

2mzmd0n.jpg

Nice showing of new Boss cars too...2nsmdso.jpg

Thanks for the pics. What model is the red #4 taken from the rt 1/4? Any cool 69 pics from Knotts Berry?

The red #4 GT40 is a Mk IV model.

I'll post some Knotts pics next!

Edited by Powershift

Since you obviously have way more pics than you have shared so far you should set up some individual event pages in our gallery if you ever have the time, then you can upload as many as you care to share and post the links.

Here are a few quick pics of some badass '69/'70 Stangs from Saturday morning in Pamona. This was at the NHRA museum, and was celebrating 50 years of Shelby.

Hal Baer's personal '69 Fastback. He's owned this car since 1972.

15zkxza.jpg

14" rotors with 6 piston calipers, front and rear.

27xmc95.jpg

6ekfpd.jpg

I took a TON more pics at this event, which I'll post up later. I also took another ton of pics at the annual Knott's Berry Farm "Fabulous Fords Forever" show yesterday.

Does anyone have any more information on this car? Rim size was posted but what size tyres? any suspension mods......just love the stance and the wheels don't look like rims with rubber bands for tyres..........Kiwi

IT definitely has a fat look. I would bet the fronts might be 275's

Yes they do have that fat look, 18 X 10's BMW style rims front and rear, it makes me wonder what (if any) suspension/steering mods were done.

Looking at the brakes makes me wonder what else has been done.

IT definitely has a fat look. I would bet the fronts might be 275's

...and nice pants Powershift

333zqzl.jpg

HA HA!

Ummm, yea. Gotta love Tinypic. Apparently, they issue the same photo tags after a while!!! I'm sure they swapped out a BOSS picture for someone's upload of a pair of pants.

:angry: