Sign in to follow this  
avijay

What's My Shaker Assembly Worth?

Your thoughts, I bought this car complete from a guy that did a great restoration on it. The car originally was not a shaker car but the previous owner turned it into a shaker assembly (not aftermarket shaker, all original equipment, sits on a 351W). He said he went through great lengths to find it.

I am thinking of selling the full shaker assembly and putting the hood scoop back on because the shaker is limiting my engine options (408 stroker is what I want) d/t the height of the intake manifold I want to put on there.

What's the going price on very well operating complete assembly?

6270555339_5650d9485b_b-vi.jpg

DSC00013_2-vi.jpg

DSC00012_2-vi.jpg

Shakers are nice. I'm running with a 408w with the Ford/ Shelby intake and even copied as it looks to Edlebrock... Choose the manifold in order to keep the Shaker....

i also agree w Buckeye ~$2,000+ if original FoMoCo parts....

Use the search button on top - there was a shaker thread two weeks ago.....

I'm using a Torker II on my 408 with shaker. I added a plenum divider and a 1/2" 4 hole spacer to calm it down at low rpms. If I could find the C9OX intake at a reasonable price I would use that. Your shaker set-up looks exceptionally nice. I noticed that your base is correct for a '69. Mine is a '70 base (plastic elbow instead of metal). The correct snorkel is also extremely rare. I'm using a 428CJ snorkel a they are much easier (and cheaper) to find.

I'm taking the Resto-mod route and have decided to sell the whole complete Skaker Assembly and will be putting it up in the "For Sale" section in the next couple of weeks as well as Ebay. All pieces are original and all metal in excellent condition.

Still trying to get a handle on the price to ask. Here's a pic of the complete assembly that is currently on my car.

6270555339_5650d9485b_b-vi.jpg

DSC00013_2-vi.jpg

DSC00012_2-vi.jpg

I can see the appeal of going resto-mod, as I'm going along the same path. But, why do you feel the Shaker would be a hinderance to the plan? I assume you would rather have a clean look with the hood?

I never planned to buy a Mach 1 for my build, and never even considered a Shaker. But, once I purchased my Mach the Shaker didn't sway my plans. In fact, I get non stop positive comments about it from people at car meets.

The Shaker on your car is BEAUTIFUL. It's your car, and I am not one to say anything negative about it. But, I really like the look of it as it sits now!

Thx for the comments guys, believe it or not I like the look of the Mach1 scoop better than the shaker. As stated above (by Powershift) I think lines look cleaner that way and like the size of the scoop to hood ratio better.

miketyler, thanks for the trade option, but I'll pass. I figure for all the purists out there that want the shaker they will be able to get an authentic one when I'm ready to sell.

If you choose to part with it let me know. I'm starting a project that it would be great for. Thanks.

I will be definitely be parting with it, I should be taking it off either this weekend or next weekend and taking a lot of pics and posting it in the for sale section. I will give you a heads up when it's available for sale, thanks.

See below for a link to the lift I have, and also I have a standard 2.5 car garage and all I had to do to the door was alter the up lift on it so it goes all way up the wall then hugs the ceiling. My floor to ceiling height is 13ft, hope that helps and the lift is a great thing to have, makes working on the car much easier.

http://www.revolutionlift.com/RFP9-9000-Pound-Capacity-Four-Post-Lift-P2C4.aspx