Sign in to follow this  
MikeStang

Boss B9 Hood scoop

So has anyone seen one of the Cervini's Boss B9 Hood scoops on one of our mustangs?

I sent Cervinis an email asking if i could buy one, then if it didn't fit return it...."No response from them as of yet"

I think this scoop is made of molded polimer plastic, not cheep ass fiberglass. Which i think is more akin to the mach 1 scoops of the day....

It does not appear as tall as the repo 429 scoops either...

My thought is to get my grubby lil hands on one and cut it down an additional 1" or so :)

What yall think....Should i spend the 200 bux and get one ?

Mike

Will the Vic jr clear the hood with no spacer and a drop base? I mean really what kinda hp are you loosing if u go with no spacer?

I think I'm gonna order it..... I wonder if it comes with studs?

If not I'm sure a bit of panel bond will hold it on there :-)

So has anyone seen one of the Cervini's Boss B9 Hood scoops on one of our mustangs?

I sent Cervinis an email asking if i could buy one, then if it didn't fit return it...."No response from them as of yet"

I think this scoop is made of molded polimer plastic, not cheep ass fiberglass. Which i think is more akin to the mach 1 scoops of the day....

My thought is to get my grubby lil hands on one and cut it down an additional 1" or so :)

Mike

If you like the look of the Boss 429 scoop but think it's too tall, maybe you should get a Cougar Eliminator scoop?

The eliminator is the right height, but its flared the wrong way....The boss scoop is wide in the front and narrower in the rear...The eliminator is narrower in the front and wider in the rear.....it looks kinda odd.

Mike

looking at the 2 last sheets on the dyno run the 1'' spacer made a few more HP and torque from 3900 rpms but nothing crazy.. #8 pull @3900 rpms without the spacer it made 490ft lbs of torque with 363,9 HP. now with the 1'' spacer at the same rpms it made500 ft lbs and almost 371HP!! @5900 rpms without the spacer it made493 ft lbs. 554 HP. now with the 1'' it made @5900 rpms 500 ft lbs and 562 HP. peak torque was @5400 rpms with 1'' 535 torque.across the board it made more torque and hp.

Mike

The B9 scoop looks good... im interested to see how it looks on your car. i have a aftermarket Boss 429 scoop that will be on my build. its a bit tall ... it looks great from the front... we shall see how the side and being behind it grows on me...

looking forward to see which way you go with this...

Edited by stangme428

Im gonna get it, and if the contour wont fit hte hood, i will take a pin guage, and put the pattern on the scoop and cut it to fit the hood....that way it will also be a bit shorter as well....Cervini's also makes their version of the MAch 1 Scoops, they have the cool billett grill in them.

Mike

I have pics on my phone, but dont have the cable to transfer to the computer at home LOL, i can get them on when i get to work tomorrow.

Or i can text them to who ever wants to see them.

I love the height of the one on the mayer hood, just dont want a fiberglass hood :/

I may end up cutting mine down a 1/2", gonna get it ready and set it on when the car is painted and see what i think, then may cut it donw.

Mike

Cool pics Mike. Here is my dilemma. I have an original shaker hood painted and ready to go. Rather than fight to get the shaker to line up with the hood after rebuilding my engine with an Air-Gap, I sold it on Ebay for a small fortune. Stupid me didn't mock a scoop up on the car before paint. I bought an aftermarket Boss 429 scoop and was ready to install it but I'm afraid of completely screwing up the underside of my hood where the studs will encounter the hood bracing. I believe I found an aftermarket cobra jet scoop knockoff (Branda) that is wide enough to cover the shaker hole and allow me to install it without disturbing the braces, especially the areas where the bracing is angled. The Maier eliminator hood is sweet, but like you, I don't like the fact the scoop is wider in the back. Who said building these freaking things was easy lol.

Edited by chillininnh

Cool pics Mike. Here is my dilemma. I have an original shaker hood painted and ready to go. Rather than fight to get the shaker to line up with the hood after rebuilding my engine with an Air-Gap, I sold it on Ebay for a small fortune. Stupid me didn't mock a scoop up on the car before paint. I bought an aftermarket Boss 429 scoop and was ready to install it but I'm afraid of completely screwing up the underside of my hood where the studs will encounter the hood bracing. I believe I found an aftermarket cobra jet scoop knockoff (Branda) that is wide enough to cover the shaker hole and allow me to install it without disturbing the braces, especially the areas where the bracing is angled. The Maier eliminator hood is sweet, but like you, I don't like the fact the scoop is wider in the back. Who said building these freaking things was easy lol.

Edited by chillininnh

Edited by chillininnh

chillin.... if you decide to sell the Boss 429 scoop, let me know... i need one to replace my RACING Boss 429 scoop.... yes its that big...

Cool pics Mike. Here is my dilemma. I have an original shaker hood painted and ready to go. Rather than fight to get the shaker to line up with the hood after rebuilding my engine with an Air-Gap, I sold it on Ebay for a small fortune. I bought an aftermarket Boss 429 scoop and was ready to install it but I'm afraid of completely screwing up the underside of my hood where the studs will encounter the hood bracing. I believe I found an aftermarket cobra jet scoop knockoff (Branda) that is wide enough to cover the shaker hole and allow me to install it without disturbing the braces. The Maier eliminator hood is sweet, but like you, I don't like the fact the scoop is wider in the back. Who said building these freaking things was easy lol.