Sign in to follow this  
JOEMACH

Rack and Pinion. What brand and are you happy

I'm using the TCP manual rack. My car is not a daily driver and I am the only one who drives it, my wife chooses not to. All manual steering cars are hard to turn when going very slow but with an increase in speed you can hardly tell the differance. These rack are not exactly cheap but are well made. The best selling point of the TCP rack is the position of where the steering column hooks up to the rack. It is very close to the side frame rail and allows you more clearance for headers than most other racks. I would probably go power if it were a daily driver and/or my wife were to do much driving. Just my $.02 worth.

I got teh one from Randall Rack and am quite happy with it. Be careful with whichever one you get, because the kit often does not include everything you need. I know in the case of Randalls, it required I purchase tie rod ends seperately. I understand some of the others are the same.

But the system is great. I have long tube headers on a 302 and have no problem with it. Your decision could come down to just price.

Bought the Randall's after researching all of them..... Running a serp belt system which the PS pump came with. Easy bolt in. Running FPA headers. No issues - at all

"search" is your best friend for these type of questions

Very cool, thank you all for the responses........I'll check out the magazine article as well.

Once I decide, I'll have to see if I can get a package deal for 3 of my "jewels"

I have the Randall's rack, Power steering model,with my Ford (OEM) PS pump ,in my 67 Shelby Clone, 428 4speed.CJ stock exhaust.. Love it! Fit was incredible!

Very cool, thank you all for the responses........I'll check out the magazine article as well.

Once I decide, I'll have to see if I can get a package deal for 3 of my "jewels"

I have the Randall's rack, Power steering model,with my Ford (OEM) PS pump ,in my 67 Shelby Clone, 428 4speed.CJ stock exhaust.. Love it! Fit was incredible!