rwcstang

anvil auto carbon fiber parts for 69-70 mustangs

The ideal cowl hood in my opinion would be raised just enough to allow a Vic Jr. intake on a 351W with a production shaker hood scoop to sit perfectly in the opening. It should look minimally altered from stock. Heat vents on the sides would be OK though.

Hi Matt,

I would really love to see the rear spoiler you have adapted for a Coupe somehow! Us coupe guys only have 1 choice (the Shelby style whale tail), i for one am not really a fan.

Something subtle like yours adapted for a coupe would be a big seller in my opinion. I'd buy one for sure!

Great stuff!

Jay

Edited by Jayru

Matt, welcome to the forums. I love the carbon fiber face gauge cluster but I am curious if you will make a custom Gauge Cluster where we can install our own Gauges to our liking. the only products out there are YEAR ONES DIY gauge Cluster, and JME complete cluster, I was wondering if you would ever think about making a gauge cluster for the budget minded enthusiast.

also it would be nice if you created wheels as well such i.e fr500 wheels that would fit our years :) lol

once i save more money ill be purchasing some of you C.F parts :)

Welcome.... I've been thinking of using your bumpers but I'm curious as to how they fit? Noticed they were tucked in on the sides but then again your sides (quarters) are flared out. My car has stock quarter panels.

Darryl

I have called them twice about ordering 100% carbon fibre parts and they try to sell me 100% fibreglass parts!!:huh: ...On the grounds that the 100% fibreglass is cheaper but there is still a 6-8week wait on the parts.

I just felt that if I wanted fibreglass parts I would have called asking for them and not carbon fibre. It's a bit like asking for red apples and getting offered green. Maybe they might eventually tell me something about carbon fibre and offer to sell it to me....:wacko:

I have called them twice about ordering 100% carbon fibre parts and they try to sell me 100% fibreglass parts!!:huh: ...On the grounds that the 100% fibreglass is cheaper but there is still a 6-8week wait on the parts.

I just felt that if I wanted fibreglass parts I would have called asking for them and not carbon fibre. It's a bit like asking for red apples and getting offered green. Maybe they might eventually tell me something about carbon fibre and offer to sell it to me....:wacko:

Ooo wow that is a problem. Did u ask them why they kept trying to sell you fiber glass instead of carbon fiber? Maybe theres a problem with getting materials?

Ooo wow that is a problem. Did u ask them why they kept trying to sell you fiber glass instead of carbon fiber? Maybe theres a problem with getting materials?

Nothing was mentioned about shortage of material supplies with the carbon fibre. It was basically cost and work to why they offer the fibreglass stuff over carbon fibre. The carbon fibre panels have to be sanded and primed before painting.(like anything?!!). The fibreglass panels they sell come sanded and primed already. They felt that if I was painting over the carbon fibre anyway, that fibreglass would be my best option.(Who the hell wants carbon fibre guards left carbon fibre finish???)

So I guess its 'cost vs work vs lightness = 100% fibreglass being the winner.

Here are their quotes on weight differences between fibreglass and carbon fiber parts...

As a general rule:

100% carbon fiber = 60% lighter than steel (needs sanding,priming)

carbon fiber/fiberglass = 50% lighter than steel (needs sanding priming)

fiberglass = 40% lighter than steel.

I'm still left unsure to order or not.... hmmm......

Nothing was mentioned about shortage of material supplies with the carbon fibre. It was basically cost and work to why they offer the fibreglass stuff over carbon fibre. The carbon fibre panels have to be sanded and primed before painting.(like anything?!!). The fibreglass panels they sell come sanded and primed already. They felt that if I was painting over the carbon fibre anyway, that fibreglass would be my best option.(Who the hell wants carbon fibre guards left carbon fibre finish???)

Here are their quotes on weight differences between fibreglass and carbon fiber parts...

As a general rule:

As a general rule:

wow thats wierd and i agree who would want to paint over Carbon Fiber?... I was so interested in buying their CB front chin spoiler. hopefully you can send a pm to the guy that posted on this thread i believe he is the owner.

As a general rule:

wow thats wierd and i agree who would want to paint over Carbon Fiber?... I was so interested in buying their CB front chin spoiler. hopefully you can send a pm to the guy that posted on this thread i believe he is the owner.

...at this stage I'm just going to give it a cooling off period.I don't really require the guards just yet. I'm going to call them in a few weeks and see what the sales response is then. I will ask for 100% carbon fibre and if they offer anything else we wont do business, period.:thumbdown:

...at this stage I'm just going to give it a cooling off period.I don't really require the guards just yet. I'm going to call them in a few weeks and see what the sales response is then. I will ask for 100% carbon fibre and if they offer anything else we wont do business, period.:thumbdown:

Well despite my remarks to the contrary earlier in this thread, I just ordered the CF hood and fenders. Just crossing my fingers on the panel fit- with glossy CF finish there isn't much if anything that can be done.

The ideal cowl hood in my opinion would be raised just enough to allow a Vic Jr. intake on a 351W with a production shaker hood scoop to sit perfectly in the opening. It should look minimally altered from stock. Heat vents on the sides would be OK though.

what he said.

I ordered the 100% carbon fibre trunklid and rear quarter extensions. I received them in the time they told me it would take.:flowers: I have them at a shipping yard in the US ready to be shipped to here in OZ so I can't comment yet on quality. Will upate when they arrive though...

I ordered the 100% carbon fibre trunklid and rear quarter extensions. I received them in the time they told me it would take.:flowers: I have them at a shipping yard in the US ready to be shipped to here in OZ so I can't comment yet on quality. Will upate when they arrive though...

let us know how it goes im thinking of ordering a rear bumper or side view mirrors from them.

Crappy cell phone pic post of some progress:

I received the fenders and hood, but had to refuse shipment of the hood after observing a torn up and damaged box. Snapped some photos and opened the box right on the curb and was dismayed to see that in fact the hood was cracked and damaged.

Anvil was very cool and has another hood on the way.

I'll post some better pics as I progress, which will be a while b/c I am going to shoot the headlight buckets low gloss black and don't have an immediate plan for that.

IMG_0736.JPG

Edited by gsxrken
new url for pic

Nice! How much lighter than stock are those fenders? What's the over all quality of the part? As in, fit & finish, sturdiness, etc.

should be light as fiberglass, from the look of his pics it looks like its very good quality product.

Nice! How much lighter than stock are those fenders? What's the over all quality of the part? As in, fit & finish, sturdiness, etc.

The fenders weighed a tick under 8lbs on the bathroom scale; original ford fenders weighed 20lbs on the same scale. The thing doesn't reliably return to zero, though, so these are ballpark numbers.

As far as quality, I can't say yet from a fit standpoint, but the CF weave is straight and the clear coat is fantastic. It makes my 10 year old BC/CC paint job really show it's age. I'll eventually repaint the car and most of these fenders, leaving a small peek of CF somewhere... But that's all TBD right now

The fenders weighed a tick under 8lbs on the bathroom scale; original ford fenders weighed 20lbs on the same scale. The thing doesn't reliably return to zero, though, so these are ballpark numbers.

As far as quality, I can't say yet from a fit standpoint, but the CF weave is straight and the clear coat is fantastic. It makes my 10 year old BC/CC paint job really show it's age. I'll eventually repaint the car and most of these fenders, leaving a small peek of CF somewhere... But that's all TBD right now

How do the wider front guards look compared to the back of the car? I was wondering how they looked on a car with standard rear guards as the Anvil mustang that had these CF front guards had widened rear guards. And what size wheel do you think you can now get under there?

The fenders really are quite subtly flared. The whole fender slightly bulges out rather than just at the wheel lip arc. I'm going to mildly flare the rear with metal before I paint it again. I could probably get another 1-1/2" of wheel width up there which could mean a 275 up front. Of course that would probably eat up my weight reduction from those fenders, right? I'm going with some lighter rims though, so with the extractor hood on the way too, I think I'll be way ahead.

IMG_3603.jpg