Rip Rock

1970 Mach 1

Hello, I thought I would share this "mini" upgrades that will be going on with the Mach 1.

First of all my name is Mark. Me and my brother will be working on this project (both own the car). The car was bought way back in 1995ish. It was last driven in 2000/2001. The car has been parked ever since.

Untell reciently that we got the bug to work on it again. After we did the Supra (another project and on going) we wanted to Update and Upgrade the Mustang.

A breif history of the car. The Motor (351C) was done in 2000 at Guyon Racing. Ballanced, blueprinted 3 angle valve job ect. It was dynoed at 428hp and 404 ft lbs. There is about 50km's on the motor and rebuilt tranny. I don't know why, but then it was parked. The car has been stated up every 3 months in another garage.

The project contains the following modds:

TCP Front coil over conversion

TCP Rear G-link

TCP front and rear sway bars

New 3rd member 4:11 lockers (buggered the last 4:11)

Magnaflow exast (headers back)

T56 Swap

Speed Hut gauges

New Rims and Tires. (either the Foose of American racing 18" with BF Goodrich Tires)

Edit for forgoten parts:

Methanol kit

A bit of a sound system ;)

Mabye powerjectionIII as well.

There will be misc parts as well. Cleaning up the engine bay and general making the car look presentable.

Progress is done after work and on weekends if there is time

Here are some pics of Day 1:

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Edited by Rip Rock

Nice Mach Mark, if you get a chance put up a pic of the Supra. My brother is a Supra freak. Thanks Mike in Ct.

Mike, The car and engine bay pics are from a cell phone. The cockpit pic is better.lol I'll have to get some more in the spring because it is parked and car covered for the winter.

This car was an auto and has gotten a getrag v160 6 speed in it. There is lots of new parts and lots of oem parts on it. This project is always on going! lol It looks not too bad now. A few minor detials that needs work but thats next year.

fullsuprapic.jpg

enginebaypic.jpg

IMG_0006-2.jpg

nice mustang!

sorry, the supra does nothing for me.

btw, i personally like the magnums (not a fan of foose wheels on a stock looking mach)

Haha!! The Supra is love or hate. That's why there are so many cars to choose from :biggrin:

The magnums are nice don't get me wrong. Need a change. Will hang on to the magnums just incase.

nice, u have a great power plant there already. I hope you ran some fuel storage treatment or something over that time. I would consider a tank flush and new lines, you dont want to mess up the engine. Also try some wheel spacers behind those Magnums you might be surprised at the difference that makes.

nice, u have a great power plant there already. I hope you ran some fuel storage treatment or something over that time. I would consider a tank flush and new lines, you dont want to mess up the engine. Also try some wheel spacers behind those Magnums you might be surprised at the difference that makes.

Yea there was some teatment in there. New lines is on the list as well. I'll try out the new rims and rubber to see if it will look good. If not i'll get some spacers.

I'm going over the wiring of the car currently. I have a couple of questions.

What 2 wires are for the NSS ( I think black with orange) and what colors are the back up lights. Had a bit more problems than expected with the electrical. Got most of it done except for these 2 questions.

Thanks, Mark

Haven't updated in a while.

Got the engine bay prepped and painted semi gloss black.

Took the time to scrape the under side of the car. This was a very long process. The chisel works good as long as it it very sharp. The parts that had "nuts off" on it came off easier than the other dried up areas. Found that out on the last day. lol After the under side was clean, it was sprayed with black rocker guard. looks very stock and classy.

Got the TCP front end all in. Currently working on the rear TCP g link. There is a bit of welding to do on that kit btw.

Very happy so far with the outcome of this project. The TCP parts are very good quality and lines up good thus far.

Have wilwoods disc breaks on order along with a new gas tank and other misc parts.

cool any pics on the g link install?:tongue_smilie:

Took the time to scrape the under side of the car. This was a very long process. The chisel works good as long as it it very sharp. The parts that had "nuts off" on it came off easier than the other dried up areas. Found that out on the last day. lol After the under side was clean, it was sprayed with black rocker guard. looks very stock and classy.

Got the TCP front end all in. Currently working on the rear TCP g link. There is a bit of welding to do on that kit btw.

Very happy so far with the outcome of this project. The TCP parts are very good quality and lines up good thus far.

Have wilwoods disc breaks on order along with a new gas tank and other misc parts.

No, cool pics actually, on have the cradle up and frame brackets on. At a bit of a stands still with it. I bought the optional axle housing bracket (lower control arms) and it has no direction on were to weld them on and no angle. I'm guessing were the stock brackets are welded to the axle housing. I'm waiting for the top welding fixture from the mustang shop (were I bought all of these parts) to weld on the upper link brackets. Such a sad week :(

No, cool pics actually, on have the cradle up and frame brackets on. At a bit of a stands still with it. I bought the optional axle housing bracket (lower control arms) and it has no direction on were to weld them on and no angle. I'm guessing were the stock brackets are welded to the axle housing. I'm waiting for the top welding fixture from the mustang shop (were I bought all of these parts) to weld on the upper link brackets. Such a sad week :(

cool .. keep us posted!!:tongue_smilie:

Let me dust off this page.

Got it all done and took it for a test drive!The xfi and xim woorks good on it. The is 1 slight problem that I came across. On the test drive the hooker comp headers scrape good. The headers are aprox 1.5" off of the ground. looked good in garage, tell it went on the road.

Now looking into some shorty headers. My best bet would be the Sanderson headers. I got a reply back from Sanderson ( described the problem). They said that because the motor was dropped and moved back that the collector on the pass side and #1 tube might not fit due to clearence of fire wall and #1 tube hitting the frame rail. So no guarantee fitment.

Is there any other options? or buy the Sanderson Headers and modd them to fit.

I got to get pics up so day. lol

I got some sanderson headers and a racepak gauge cluster ordered. Should be a fun fall. I was thinking about putting on a shaker hood scoop.

Here is some pics (A bit dirty!) Hope that you guys like them:

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

IMG_0015-1.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018-1.jpg

IMG_0019-1.jpg

It's lookin' good!

Did you go EFI or ProjectionIII on the Cleveland?

I just got the Sandersons for my new 351C, but haven't installed them yet. FPA makes a long tube header that will work with your combo, but it cost around $800. None are guaranteed to work.

What wheel and Tire combo did you go with? I normally don't like big wheels on our cars, but yours looks like it has a really good stance for some reason. :thumbup1: I'd like to see a side view pic if you have any.

It's lookin' good!

Did you go EFI or ProjectionIII on the Cleveland?

I just got the Sandersons for my new 351C, but haven't installed them yet. FPA makes a long tube header that will work with your combo, but it cost around $800. None are guaranteed to work.

What wheel and Tire combo did you go with? I normally don't like big wheels on our cars, but yours looks like it has a really good stance for some reason. :thumbup1: I'd like to see a side view pic if you have any.

I`ll have to get a side view for you! The fronts are 255`s and rears 275`s, bfg kdw`s. There foose 18" rims, but don`t know the ofset`s on them.

There is fast xfi and fast xim on there, 42lb injectors,with ls1 coil packs, (cnp set up). :smile: