Sign in to follow this  
69shelbycoupe

69 shelby coupe restomod

I have been doing a lot of work lately and haven't been taking any pics...lol. Here are a couple of the motor. It's almost ready to be fired up. Just have to hook up the heater hoses. All other wiring and everything is complete except the air cleaner.

debating to buy maier racing's subframe & xbace kit...

I just checked out the x brace. That's a nice piece

with the roll bar I have and subframe connectors it should be pretty stiff. Not to mention the underhood bracing I have.

Edited by 69shelbycoupe

I just checked out the x brace. That's a nice piece

with the roll bar I have and subframe connectors it should be pretty stiff. Not to mention the underhood bracing I have.

yeah, hopefully if i go this route the car should be still comfortable to ride in. also, love the roll bar!

good stuff man.. congrats on the progress... how is the progress of late!! any updates...:punk:

I have made some progress but not much. I moved into a new house with 2 car garage last month and last week I had to have emergency surgery for appendicitis! So I am at bed rest for now

I have made some progress but not much. I moved into a new house with 2 car garage last month and last week I had to have emergency surgery for appendicitis! So I am at bed rest for now

OUCH!! :eek: get better.. awesome on the garage/house... time for some fun on the stang when your back on your feet..:punk:

I know I may hear a lot of criticism from this but I don't car, but with having a new baby and house money is tight. I have been working on this car for over 4 years and it is running finally. I have most everything to finish putting it together except for front windshield and a lot of little miscellaneous stuff. So with money being tight I have decided to paint the car myself with plasti dip. I have researched this stuff a million times and it is the way to go for me for cost effectiveness and to get it on the road this year finally. So I am going to be painting it an anthracite gray metallic satin finish. I'm in the process of putting everything on the car and putting the windows and interior in.

Absolutely nothing wrong with plasti dip. It's super cheap, super easy to apply (and fix any mistakes made), easy to take care of. I'm going that route to get some color on my car until way down the line when I can swallow the gigantic bill for a quality paint job. Looking forward to seeing pics of it when it's done!

Absolutely nothing wrong with plasti dip. It's super cheap, super easy to apply (and fix any mistakes made), easy to take care of. I'm going that route to get some color on my car until way down the line when I can swallow the gigantic bill for a quality paint job. Looking forward to seeing pics of it when it's done!

Yup! That's my plan. I know it will still look good and one day I will get it painted. But until then I will be able to have it on the road and be able to enjoy it

Wow, new baby, house and appendectomy! Hang in there buddy, it'll get better.

Bob

Yup. Been a lot going on. Now I'm trying to get another another deer or two to add to the other in the freezer. Plus I have and ice climbing trip and mountaineering trip in Feb coming up I need to get back in shape since surgery.