Rudolph Schenker

My 1969 Mach restomod project

Please tell us more..... Electric brakes? Who makes them? How much ? Any mods required to the brake pedal ?

I had few choices if I wanted power brakes, no room on the firewall for a vacuum booster that wouldn't interfere with the clutch master. Hydroboost was a possibility but required a significant amount of machine work on the housing to fit.

This was an expensive option(1100.00 :ohmy:), but a very clean install. ABS Power Brakes out of CA makes the unit. Mounts right up to my firewall mounting holes and they made an offset master that would clear my valve covers. No mods to the brake pedal at all.

very cool! that's a tight squeeze. do you think you'll have contact with the master cylinder when hitting the throttle, forward/reverse?

The engine in the pics is not in it's final position ( trans is not installed) this moves the engine over a bit and will not touch the master, however it will be tight could be some contact with engine movement. I did not have many options, even the specially machined and prepped hydroboost unit came within a 1/4 inch of the valve covers.

I had few choices if I wanted power brakes, no room on the firewall for a vacuum booster that wouldn't interfere with the clutch master. Hydroboost was a possibility but required a significant amount of machine work on the housing to fit.

This was an expensive option(1100.00 :ohmy:), but a very clean install. ABS Power Brakes out of CA makes the unit. Mounts right up to my firewall mounting holes and they made an offset master that would clear my valve covers. No mods to the brake pedal at all.

1100.$ comes with what? Just the booster? I went to the website and didn't see any pricing. It looks like they offer a bunch of different kits. They have some BIG ol brakes available, 14.5 in. rotors:ohmy:

1100.$ comes with what? Just the booster? I went to the website and didn't see any pricing. It looks like they offer a bunch of different kits. They have some BIG ol brakes available, 14.5 in. rotors:ohmy:

No, you get the booster and the pump, with the accumulator and various fittings, all pre-wired. See the pump assembly.........

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

Got my wheels! also started on the EFI wiring. I'm using The Detail Zone's product and am pleased thus far with the quality and instructions. I also mounted the battery in the trunk ( used an Odyssey 925 with bracket).

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

The wiring is somewhat tedious. I'm taking my time and trying to make the install as clean as possible.

This will be my next version of my fastback, still working on the 302 4 speed. I've built a cobra replica with an ls1. I know its a damn chevy but its a sweet combo to drive. Congrats on your progress!!!