Rudolph Schenker

My 1969 Mach restomod project

Just read through all 24 pages, amazing attention to detail. Being able to pretty much put any year part in there gives you so many more options than period correct.

Maybe I missed this but when you started you had a deluxe wood grain interior gauge cluster with a tach. Did you paint that cluster black and change the gauges with the new ones or is that a completely different cluster? Also any shot you have the original gray face gauges for sale? I have a mint cluster bezel that it is not a tach version so looking to piece together the rest a little at a time.

Just read through all 24 pages, amazing attention to detail. Being able to pretty much put any year part in there gives you so many more options than period correct.

Maybe I missed this but when you started you had a deluxe wood grain interior gauge cluster with a tach. Did you paint that cluster black and change the gauges with the new ones or is that a completely different cluster? Also any shot you have the original gray face gauges for sale? I have a mint cluster bezel that it is not a tach version so looking to piece together the rest a little at a time.

Pm me about the gauges, I still have them. :yes:

looks good!

have you had a chance to take it out yet?

do you have plans for your next project?

Yes I have taken it out. Front suspension needs adjusted, clutch needed adjustment, etc. I'm getting it dyno-tuned next week and will post up the results. So far I'm pleased with the ride and how the car handles.

As far as the next project......... not sure, I bought an enclosed car hauler trailer, so between that and finishing up the Mustang, I think I have exceeded my allowance for the year.:blushing: Do you have any plans?

Do you have any plans?

1963 1/2 Galaxie XL. Stock look dressed for a Factory Lightweight feel. Big inch Dart based windsor with a canted valve head and dual quads w/ram air (teardrop hood). 5/6 speed stick with a slight minitub.

It's all planned out and will probably be my last big car project :shifty:

I would love a car hauler...

Best of luck while you show it off!

Good power and tq!

Is that your AF ratio at 15+? If so, that's too lean! You want 12 or under for an '03/'04 Cobra engine to operate safely.

No, those are some WOT runs. I'm pretty sure the tuner got the AF around 12 at the end, as you mentioned! Thanks.:yes:

Edited by Rudolph Schenker

Awesome trailer and car! More importantly what happened to the grass?

That's a good story. My wife loves taking care of the yard (lucky me!), we had a bunch of orchard grass that was taking over so she took some Round Up to it. Needless to say we had to tear up half the yard and will be laying some sod here in a few days. Seems like there is always some project to do. :001_huh:

Are those retractable front seat belts? If so, do you have any more pics of that part of the install? Your car look amazing btw!

They are retractable belts. I located the retractor mechanism underneath the arm rest trim pieces by welding some tabs and re-enforcing the seams where the floor pans meet. So far has worked well.

They are retractable belts. I located the retractor mechanism underneath the arm rest trim pieces by welding some tabs and re-enforcing the seams where the floor pans meet. So far has worked well.

Nice. What car did you get them out of? I may have to do this modd as well :biggrin:

I know its been a while but I love this build. I will definitely reference this during my build. About the hood issue, had the idle air control valve not been located on top of the plenum, would the stock hood have worked? You said the valve was the issue.