Sign in to follow this  
stangme428

hot in south ga

its freakin hot!!!

went to get a 96 GT convert from a shop that closed up... yes it was my GT... the guy left town... and the car either has a bad battery after sitting or a new electrical problem... started raining ... so headed home.

but man....

i know some of you live in worse climates.... geeez ... ya know its hot when a thunderstorm comes thru and cools things off and its still 91 degrees and real feel is 100 with humidity at 57% after the fact...... south GA is hot!!! :scared:

its freakin hot!!!

went to get a 96 GT convert from a shop that closed up... yes it was my GT... the guy left town... and the car either has a bad battery after sitting or a new electrical problem... started raining ... so headed home.

but man....

i know some of you live in worse climates.... geeez ... ya know its hot when a thunderstorm comes thru and cools things off and its still 91 degrees and real feel is 100 with humidity at 57% after the fact...... south GA is hot!!! :scared:

I spent 5 months in Brunswick. You can keep it. Between the humidity and the bugs (gotta love those biting sand nats) I don't plan to ever hang out there again. I do have to admit it is pretty out there.

I spent 5 months in Brunswick. You can keep it. Between the humidity and the bugs (gotta love those biting sand nats) I don't plan to ever hang out there again. I do have to admit it is pretty out there.

It's hot up and down the east coast. Feels more like August than June in the Maryland area. I heard it was the warmest spring on record in the Northeast.

On Saturday I drove my Mustang about 100 miles south to my engine builder for a test and dyno day. It took about 2 1/2 hours. It was mid 90's, humid as hell and traffic was a bear. I just about melted but the car never ran above 190*. Good for it, but misable for me...

It will be down there for a week or so as he's playing with air/fuel and timing to get the last couple of hp out of her. I'm just hoping for a break in the weather - or I'll borrow a trailer for the ride back...

I see 70Mach03 is in Charleston SC. What a beautiful city but man is that one hot place. I was there is August a few years back and it was some of the hottest days I've ever experienced. I lived in Orlando for years and Charleston rivals their heat and humity. Cute southern belles in SC though....

Edited by coz

It's hot up and down the east coast. Feels more like August than June in the Maryland area. I heard it was the warmest spring on record in the Northeast.

On Saturday I drove my Mustang about 100 miles south to my engine builder for a test and dyno day. It took about 2 1/2 hours. It was mid 90's, humid as hell and traffic was a bear. I just about melted but the car never ran above 190*. Good for it, but misable for me...

It will be down there for a week or so as he's playing with air/fuel and timing to get the last couple of hp out of her. I'm just hoping for a break in the weather - or I'll borrow a trailer for the ride back...

I see 70Mach03 is in Charleston SC. What a beautiful city but man is that one hot place. I was there is August a few years back and it was some of the hottest days I've ever experienced. I lived in Orlando for years and Charleston rivals their heat and humity. Cute southern belles in SC though....

Edited by coz

Waldorf?

Cute southern belles in SC though....

You sure got that right

Had to write something else so it would post.

Waldorf?

Cute southern belles in SC though....

You sure got that right

Had to write something else so it would post.

70mach03 - yeah im 35min inland from Brunswick on a farm in the middle of the swamp/woods ..... near a little town named Nahunta....most of our purchases are done in Brunswick...

btw -- its hotter today... lol

coz - i hear ya... looks like ill be without AC for a while until i put a new kit on it and/or get brackets to fit the original factory AC on the clev heads. but taking the rebuild this far... i want all new parts... but its all good .. more hp without the AC:tongue_smilie:

70mach03 - my folks just retired outside of charleston near monks corner... im up that way a bit now and again...

Edited by stangme428

70mach03 - yeah im 35min inland from Brunswick on a farm in the middle of the swamp/woods ..... near a little town named Nahunta....most of our purchases are done in Brunswick...

btw -- its hotter today... lol

coz - i hear ya... looks like ill be without AC for a while until i put a new kit on it and/or get brackets to fit the original factory AC on the clev heads. but taking the rebuild this far... i want all new parts... but its all good .. more hp without the AC:tongue_smilie:

70mach03 - my folks just retired outside of charleston near monks corner... im up that way a bit now and again...

Edited by stangme428

I know exactly where you are (LOL). My ex-wife (35 years ago) went to High School in Nahunta and her folks lived in Hoboken. I spent lot of time traveling highway 84 (now 82). Depending on which way you were heading it was either the Brunswick or Waycross Highway. I lived on Blythe Island then and it was 43 miles from her house to mine. My grandma had a farm in Browntown years ago and I spent many a summer picking tobacco and other crops there.

I actually live in North Charleston and every year we spend a week at Short Stay Park in Monks Corner in a cabin on the lake (be there in about 3 weeks).

You'll have to "pm" me or something if you know you're heading up this way sometime and maybe we can meet up.

I know exactly where you are (LOL). My ex-wife (35 years ago) went to High School in Nahunta and her folks lived in Hoboken. I spent lot of time traveling highway 84 (now 82). Depending on which way you were heading it was either the Brunswick or Waycross Highway. I lived on Blythe Island then and it was 43 miles from her house to mine. My grandma had a farm in Browntown years ago and I spent many a summer picking tobacco and other crops there.

I actually live in North Charleston and every year we spend a week at Short Stay Park in Monks Corner in a cabin on the lake (be there in about 3 weeks).

You'll have to "pm" me or something if you know you're heading up this way sometime and maybe we can meet up.

Were you in "FLETC" at Glynco? Those nats are the unofficial state bird in Georgia (LOL). In South Carolina we have what's called "Palmetto Bugs" which I guess is supposed to be a cute name. When I was in Georgia we called them giant cockroaches. :scared:

Were you in "FLETC" at Glynco? Those nats are the unofficial state bird in Georgia (LOL). In South Carolina we have what's called "Palmetto Bugs" which I guess is supposed to be a cute name. When I was in Georgia we called them giant cockroaches. :scared:

wow ... now this is getting scary.....lol

- my daughter just graduated friday from Brantley county high school (nahunta) as valedictorian - twin was no.7

- my parents just retired outside of Charleston in monks corner

- live on 500 acre family (wifes) farm that used to be tobacco fields...

- im sure my in-laws would know your wife... they know everybody... lol

we need to go buy a lottery ticket...:tongue_smilie:

yeah we will have to get together sometime.... talk mustangs... they started having a car show once a month in nahunta.. its actually grown a bit with more restaurants and other establishments... still one red light.. :biggrin:

wow ... now this is getting scary.....lol

- my daughter just graduated friday from Brantley county high school (nahunta) as valedictorian - twin was no.7

- my parents just retired outside of Charleston in monks corner

- live on 500 acre family (wifes) farm that used to be tobacco fields...

- im sure my in-laws would know your wife... they know everybody... lol

we need to go buy a lottery ticket...:tongue_smilie:

yeah we will have to get together sometime.... talk mustangs... they started having a car show once a month in nahunta.. its actually grown a bit with more restaurants and other establishments... still one red light.. :biggrin:

Were you in "FLETC" at Glynco?

Yup. I was at "Fleatick" as some of the locals used to call it. I also spent 5 months up in Charleston at the Border Patrol facility there in the late 90's.

Were you in "FLETC" at Glynco?

Yup. I was at "Fleatick" as some of the locals used to call it. I also spent 5 months up in Charleston at the Border Patrol facility there in the late 90's.

My ex-brother in law (but still a friend) was a Border Patrol instructor at Glynco. He then helped start up the school in Charleston. He finished up as the commandant at the school out in Artesia, New Mexico before he retired probably 10 years ago. His last name was Mohler, sound familiar? I haven’t seen him in a few years now but last I heard he was a small arms instructor as a contractor still out in New Mexico.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>