Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

Now I'm Alittle Upset!!

This is stupid I've searched high and low for a 69 original looking center console with cup holders and low and behold I can only find one for a 68!!! you would think it wouldn't be that hard if they can make a 68 to make a 69?

Heres the link on eBay that I found one for a 68 if any one is interested in it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-1968-Ford-Mustang-Center-Console-NEW_W0QQitemZ130380959162QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e5b4f8dba

For $795 you could rent a "professional" to hold her cup and yours for a couple days at least. That is what we're talking about, right?

:)

HAHAHAHA probably be a little cheaper than $795.00 but still I want a full console that looks original but I'm sure as hell not paying $795 for one

Well its official, my next little project will be to take my old battle worn center console, and fix/fiberglass it up and put a cup holder or two in it along with a cool little guage pod, oh wait its got the shelby cluster at the front already, so looks like i just gotta fix it up for the cup holder......I wonder how much it would cost if you could get a prototype and have it popped out of ABS Plastic....I figure some fiberglass and a little bondo and Voila an origional looking consile.....you just gotta paint it and give it some texture some how.....Any suggestions on how to give the fiberglass some texture after you paint or before...maybe put some addative in the paint?

or wait till the fiberglass is tacky and pull a bit of saran wrap across it then sand it down semi smooth?

Mike

I am just starting my console repair process. Trying to figure out the best product to fix the ABS plastic crack and breaks. Im gonna try a 2 part plastic repair kit from Pro-Form..... I'll let ya know how it goes...:001_huh:

you guys should get one of the plastic welder kits from like harbor freight or something for fixing the crack and stuff and maybe evern for adding those cupholders. also might think about one of those vinyl repair kits to add some texture since they have those little texture applicator things.

on a different not i found a really old magazine ad in super ford or something from back in the 80's for a 69/70 'glass console that had a slightly taller storage compartment area so the armrest actually worked as an armrest and low and behold it had cupholders too. i'd post it up but my scanner doesn't work, basically it was just like a stock console except for the taller box and the cupholders.

you could also try to find the cupholder from a 90's buick park avenue/olds 98, etc that pops out of the armest and adapt that to a stock console. i've also seen guys add cupholders from conversion vans, boats, etc. to their stock console. my old jeep cherokee had a pretty cool little cupholder accessory that i got from quadratec that screwed into the front of console box (factory screw holes) that maybe could be adapted. i had wanted to see if i could add it to the back of console in the stang but i forgot to remove it before i sold the jeep

seen a article a while back somewhere about dissolving plastic and then using it fix the affected area, i have repaired door panels out of 1/2 tons using a small soldering torch, for the pattern i try to find something that is rough, a piece of wood on the end grain works, heat up the plastic and apply lots