StephenC

Help me choose a Transmission

Sounds good to me.

Im kind of interested in this manutronic thing, you could some how put paddle shifters on your car if this is the case? that would be pretty cool, altho i dont know when i would use it, i prefer to use my ratchet shifter, feels more normal LOL but paddles could be cool to.

Mike

Sounds good to me.

Im kind of interested in this manutronic thing, you could some how put paddle shifters on your car if this is the case? that would be pretty cool, altho i dont know when i would use it, i prefer to use my ratchet shifter, feels more normal LOL but paddles could be cool to.

Mike

Sounds good to me.

Mike

Funny you mention the paddle shifter because I just came across this on the internet looks awesome but for $500 not that awesome I'm sure theres a way to get a paddle shifter from another car to work but it would still be really cool to have it.

http://twistmachine.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7

Edited by StephenC

Sounds good to me.

Mike

Funny you mention the paddle shifter because I just came across this on the internet looks awesome but for $500 not that awesome I'm sure theres a way to get a paddle shifter from another car to work but it would still be really cool to have it.

http://twistmachine.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7

Edited by StephenC

A Little off topic here. What headers will yall be using when you try to put this tranny in? Whats the physical size difference between the 4r and the fmx? I need to know asap as I need to order headers to finish my full exhaust build.

A Little off topic here. What headers will yall be using when you try to put this tranny in? Whats the physical size difference between the 4r and the fmx? I need to know asap as I need to order headers to finish my full exhaust build.

I will be using Hooker Comps on my 351W they look like the should clear around the bell housing and everything the only part that's gonna be close to call is towards the collectors. I'm going to do a couple measurments today and check it out though. Also yea Baumanns hasnt taken my money yet either I wonder what the hell is going on?

I will be using Hooker Comps on my 351W they look like the should clear around the bell housing and everything the only part that's gonna be close to call is towards the collectors. I'm going to do a couple measurments today and check it out though. Also yea Baumanns hasnt taken my money yet either I wonder what the hell is going on?

Hey stephen have you installed those hookers on your car yet? Do you have ps? Just wanna see how they fit and if they clear the ps and how low they sit under the car.

Yes I have them installed but I do not have ps. they dont sit any lower than any other long tube headers the collector for some reason is alittle larger so that sticks out alittle more than my old ones. I read you post about what headers to get and if you know that you cant fit long tube or have a feeling the wont fit I would get some mid length headers there allot easier to fab exhaust pipes on if you have to for the 4R than a shorty header. Also I talked to Baumanns today and they said for my unit it would be another 1 - 1 1/2 weeks he said some may go out earlier but did not say whose?

Hey stephen have you installed those hookers on your car yet? Do you have ps? Just wanna see how they fit and if they clear the ps and how low they sit under the car.

Yes I have them installed but I do not have ps. they dont sit any lower than any other long tube headers the collector for some reason is alittle larger so that sticks out alittle more than my old ones. I read you post about what headers to get and if you know that you cant fit long tube or have a feeling the wont fit I would get some mid length headers there allot easier to fab exhaust pipes on if you have to for the 4R than a shorty header. Also I talked to Baumanns today and they said for my unit it would be another 1 - 1 1/2 weeks he said some may go out earlier but did not say whose?