Sign in to follow this  
opie_803

a bit of a delema

well guys, i am in a bit of a delema. my wife has lost her job due to restructuring and some restructuring at home may be needed. the thoughts of selling the mustang has crossed my mind. she is NOT in favor of it but it may come to that.

my question is what do yall think i might be able to get for stang? some of you are aware of what has been done to it. there are some updated pics in my profile. any input would be appreciated. thanks!

Edited by opie_803

The thing here is that you have a solid piece of old-school style. It may not perform with THE BEST of today, but you can't buy the overall effect.

I wouldn't bite (sell) at less than 20K. But don't get into a rush to sell, either. I can see kicking yourself for a long time over that one. Money problems come and go, but you know you'll go a long time before you have that vert again.

Just remember, if you should have to choose.

No matter what type of ramble-down hovel you'd have to move to, it would look like home with the car in front of it.

You current home would not look so with another car in front of it.

No matter if it's this:

GeneralLeeCamaro.jpg

or this:

redneck.jpg

yeah, that's wrong, but it probably got you to laugh! (Tell the missus those are you're choices...got them cheap at eBay RIGHT NOW!)

I would say hold on to it & ONLY sell it as a last resort. My wife & I are going through alot of money problems right now & we would not think of selling our cars, granted they are noware close to what yours looks like but we do not want to let them go none the less.

its been 40 years since it sat on a showroom floor. in that respect it has probably depreciated alot and i should pay someone to take it. na, i'll keep it instead.

we've worked it out and it IS staying. thanks for all of your input and encouragement.

Edited by opie_803