Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Anyone familliar with ION wheels????

It's about time to get off the pot or, well, you know in regards to my new wheels and since I still can't seem to get anyone to sell me my dream AR500's at a price I am willing to pay for them, I decided to look again at what's out there in the sizes I want and see what I can find that is more suited to the current economic situation.

Now I'm not even sure if I like this wheel or not myself yet so feel free to be honest on the opinions but it's pretty different and intersting looking. I'm no real fan of the torq thrust look mainly because the car world is saturated with it but this caught my eye and reminded me almost of a combination of a Kelsey Hayes meets Torq Thrust. The stock size and BS seem to be doable and the price is right at under $150 a piece so it's got me thinking but I am really not familliar with this brand at all.

625bclose.jpg

I decided to do a few quick chops on pics of my car both old and current state just for additional reference, the size is approximated to about 17" but the perspectives are off a bit as I was rushing during lunch, better than nothing though.

hey pakrat, what color is your car? because on first impression, i thought those wheels would look great on a silver, charcoal, black car. i love tt2's but like you, did not purchase them because EVERYBODY has them. i wanted to be different. i have heard of the brand. theyre used on imports mainly. but i think this wheel will look good as long as you can accent them with something black on the car. or something dark. IMO

70mstang: I used to love that look on the Cobra's but ever since Eleahor came onto the scene I just can't do it. I even strayed away from a more gray/silver paint color just to avoid hearing "oooh it's an Eleanor" from all the fly by night Mustang fans since the movie.

Angel: The second pic I posted was of my car just after paint, it's called Charcoal Blue. It looks like dark graphite in the shade and shifts to steel blue in direct sun giving it a gunmetal effect. It will have a black top and black out hood and tail panel, black front spoiler and with a black GT stripe as well and the tires will have custom redlines.

I'm not a fan. I don't like the look of modern wheels on a classic. But that's just my opinion.

That def looks like a front wheel drive BS though, make sure their even offered for our cars.

Car is looking sweet Pak! I dont particularly care for the wheels for that car though... although the fact they they have import backspacing and therfore stick out past the sidewall on your photochop might be a large part of it.