Sign in to follow this  
bswor

69 stang wreck

yeah i'd say he was carrying a bit too much speed, either that or the car was total rust-bucket and literally fell apart around him, possibly a combination of the two. in the before pics the car looks really nice, but since he had just swapped on his studded winter tires i'd say that it being a total rust-bucket under that nice shiny paint would be pretty likely

Where is the cable guardrail system? Did not know they made such system in the 80's? Has to be staged event, where are the front wheels and tires and FB top, to mention a few?

Face into steering wheel? That rim blow still looks in great shape.

Edited by d.reese

yeah i'd say he was carrying a bit too much speed, either that or the car was total rust-bucket and literally fell apart around him, possibly a combination of the two. in the before pics the car looks really nice, but since he had just swapped on his studded winter tires i'd say that it being a total rust-bucket under that nice shiny paint would be pretty likely

I copied the pic and was scutinizing it and was thinking the same. The quarters look to me like they sperated form the inners, probably missing some solid metal connection. Also looking at the condition of the seat and steering wheel and comparing that with the windshield and missing roof. If a cable took off the roof, you would think you'd see some sort of damage to the seat. Noticed something else. The nose all missing yet the hood appears completely untouched. If the hood popped up before the front end damage it would have folded back on the windshield & roof. Happened to me in my 68 @ 45mph.

Edited by RacerX

I copied the pic and was scutinizing it and was thinking the same. The quarters look to me like they sperated form the inners, probably missing some solid metal connection. Also looking at the condition of the seat and steering wheel and comparing that with the windshield and missing roof. If a cable took off the roof, you would think you'd see some sort of damage to the seat. Noticed something else. The nose all missing yet the hood appears completely untouched. If the hood popped up before the front end damage it would have folded back on the windshield & roof. Happened to me in my 68 @ 45mph.

Hell, I guess after seeing that mess, you'd have to say-I'm glad they don't build them like that anymore- and I own one buts its not a rust bucket!

I think its been set up to be a crash. The exhaust got ripped away from the manifolds? Come on..... No front end, the hoods intact,...etc and I dont have all day to pick at it. All B.S. Im not buying it....And im not just a pretty face.LOL

Right 3906Pack, they stuck the 428 in a wood chipper and dumped it on the road to take pictures of, so one day they can fool people on the internet...:helpsmilie:

Seriously tho' is that the front or the rear tire in that pic?

I think that mass in the center of the pic accounts for much of the missing body. looks like it's been torqued over. (I think the stripe on the rear quarters is actually upside down.)

Edited by Truck
added more sarcasm

I think its been set up to be a crash. The exhaust got ripped away from the manifolds? Come on..... No front end, the hoods intact,...etc and I dont have all day to pick at it. All B.S. Im not buying it....And im not just a pretty face.LOL

We need to be the judge of the "pretty" faces. Post pics now!

Edited by d.reese

Having grown up in the wrecker business, I have seen even worse where someone survived and where a car was barely hurt and someone died. 4 of my high school friends in 1985, driving a new camaro hit a tree and the out come of the car looked pretty much like this one. But the 2 in the front seats died and the 2 in the back untouched. I guess sometimes it is in the the hands of God as to who's time is up and who gets more time!