Sign in to follow this  
cphsonic

1969 Mustang GT2 project

No news in a while.

In short the recent changes to our EU import taxation, inspection and registration of classic and modified cars, means that the GT2 has now become to expensive (for me) to import and register in Denmark. So here it comes... :surrender:

Ultimate pro-touring Mustang FOR SALE

The project stands as shown in the latest progress update. It basically just needs finishing of the electricals (at ~90%), assembly of interior, doors, rubber & glass, body panels, some exhaust and then dial-in. All the nice, custom and expensive stuff is there and waiting, so you are looking at minor parts + labor. CPR Streetmachines have done the build and will want to finish it. They are one of the best shops I have ever worked with and are knowing, always true to promises and fair in pricing.

This is not a budget build, so be realistic in price expectations. Trades considered (Mustang). PM me if you a serious and want to discuss.

This is just a thought (and you may have already explored it), but couldn't you remove the entire expensive drivetrain and put in some junk motor/trans/rear (just to be running) to bring the insurable/claimed value & total tax on import way down? Then just ship the real drivetrain in as parts and put it all back together in Denmark?

Hehe, I've been checking all scenarios. Here we get inspected upon registration and then every 8 years on classics. Not too bad to 'get around'. The problem would be driving it. It's not really anonymous so I'd expect to get pulled over once in a while. If they pop the hood they will check the inspection and compare for entries on changes to stock. BUSTED.... Fine + fee + new registration.

Sorry to hear about your decision. I was in SD about 4 mos ago and stopped into Gear Vendors to talk to them about the overdrive. Didn't realize that CPR was right around the corner until I was driving past. Saw your car and can testify that they know what they're doing and the car is definitely being done right.

Here's a suggestion - finish and store it at my place. You can come drive it any time - honest.:blink:

I have been wondering the same thing. I think I've read 4 different MULTI page post about the car.

Was the car ever sold?

Wad it ever completed?

I wasn't a fan of EVERYTHING the owner was doing...but the majority of it looked VERY cool.

I actually have pictures and info on the car saved for future reference...

Hey guys

Sorry I've been away, work and life gets in the way of hobbies now and again! No time for anything but breathing.

Car is being completed :clap: but is still getting sold after completion unfortunately. Right now it's all going into the tiny and boring details like assembling doors, finishing the exhaust from header back, getting the rear wing braces mounted, cleaning glass, finding the last small parts etc. Pictures soon, I promise! Just don't want to let ppl down with annoying minor updates.

And yeah, 100k is maybe to much for the current market but lets see when it's done! Driving around north LA with a for sale sign in the rear window might do it. I think the worst problem is that the money went into performance and not billet bling like a Ring Brothers build. What do you think it'll fetch?

Edited by cphsonic

Just a few pics. Nothing really exiting but it's coming together nicely.

E-brake done

2011_0201_0310.jpg

Doors assembled incl. power windows. One door is a repro and took a lot of fitting!

2011_0228_214910.jpg

2011_0228_214809.jpg

2011_0305_040714.jpg

Lights going on with a lot of nice new lenses, gaskets etc.

2011_0228_214820.jpg

Just to keep you all updated: as it's not sold I'm finishing it up. Probably a lot easier to sell turn key!

Initial setup on the dyno is now done, playing it safe with 10 psi tops until it's all broken in and set up. Tune is for maximum driveability and fun, not bragging rights. Later we'll likely go to around 15 psi.

624 rwhp @ 5.380 rpm

625 ft.lb. @ 4.815 rpm

91 pump gas

:001_rolleyes:

I'm sure if he had his way he'd keep it & drive the hell out of it, but the European Union made a lot of restrictive changes that added a heckuvalot taxes to the point he couldn't afford to keep & drive it. Sad to say

Something doesn't sound right here. The purpose of the standard tax rate of the VAT is for consumable items. There are three basic levels of rates standard, reduced, and zero which used are 20%, 5%, and 0% respectively, to the best of my understanding. And there are specific types of items that fall under each rate. With the little bit of poking around I have done "transportation in a vehicle, boat, or aircraft" is in the Zero Rate VAT category which is not to be confused with "Antiques" which is exempt.

See the link below. This shows that vehicles are a 0% VAT.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/forms-rates/rates/goods-services.htm

Also states that:

"There are some goods and services that are zero-rated. This means that they're taxable for VAT, but the VAT rate is zero per cent. Sometimes the reduced rate only applies in certain circumstances, or it may depend on who the customer is. It's important to read the detailed rules."

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/forms-rates/rates/rates.htm

So it seems to me that the car qualifies for Zero Rate VAT. This means that you would show VAT on the invoice but put 0 as the rate for VAT.

"If you sell or otherwise supply zero-rated goods or services:

• you charge VAT at zero per cent - so there's no charge, but you must show VAT information on your invoice
  • you enter the transaction into your VAT accounts
  • you include the value on your VAT Return
  • you may be able to claim back the VAT back on related purchases"

Ah, but this is Danish taxes, not UK. :001_rolleyes:

The EU import tax is 7%, our VAT 25% on everything, and the partially applied 180% car tax. :ohmy: Importing through Netherlands can rid me of most of the import tax and VAT, but the changed rules regarding car tax is the killer now and what makes me sell.