Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coz

What do you think about this car?

I am interested in a convertible - preferably a 69... However, I can buy this for a IMO good price. Very nicely done driver with new tranny, strong 350, power top / brakes / steering. Buckets, center console, wood grain, all white with white top. 350/350, strong engine but not a real monster....

http://www.pugetsoundpoci.com/photos/Puyallup05/71LeMans_cv.jpg

Done up by a professional in the area who is looking to move to another car and make room in his garage. I know it's not a mustang or even a GTO but it is a sweet ride and down right purty. If nothing else I could drive it this summer and then move it on....

That is not the actual car but same colors and style and condition from what you can see in a single picture. I would call the paint a 1 footer and the top is brand new.

This is another that is close. Might be a bit nicer and more original but still in the same neighborhood. Interior is the same.

http://classiccars.com/30061.car

Coz

What are you thinking:nono:

Just kidding:biggrin:

If you can pick it up rite, id be all over that.I am not personally into GM stuff but i do like that body style in a convertible.

You will need that bigger garage!

Oh, here is a GTO for you,saw it at Mason-Dixon last fall.

Nice Goat - Pro Street all the way....

I need a car with a trunk that can hold two sets of golf clubs so why not something like the LeMans? Right on about the garage. With construction slow maybe I can get a better price now? And get a lift in there to boot....

for me the ultimate in convertibles is the 68 impala. my dad had one when i was in high school, man i loved to cruise in that car. he sold and didn't tell me about it, but i had the money to buy it so i was pretty pissed when he told me he sold and say anything to me about it. it was gold with a white interior and top and was an original 396 car but someone had swapped in a 307 during the 70's gas crunch.....morons. had power brakes, power steering and even air conditioning which is unusual for a vert. looked just like this one, down to the hubcaps

http://www.55-57chevys.com/coccc/articles/679/68bsty1.html

:dots::dots::helpsmilie:Come on now listen to what I say then step away from the computer and think about it.

Do you really think your '69 Pony wants to have its stable mate be a GM product. :scared: Kinda kin to inbreeding.

:biggrin: Really though not to bad looking, I'm not really a vert guy though. But if you really wanted a '69 vert you could always wait until Carlisle and see if you could pick one up there.

:dots::dots::helpsmilie:Come on now listen to what I say then step away from the computer and think about it.

Do you really think your '69 Pony wants to have its stable mate be a GM product. :scared: Kinda kin to inbreeding.

:biggrin: Really though not to bad looking, I'm not really a vert guy though. But if you really wanted a '69 vert you could always wait until Carlisle and see if you could pick one up there.

would that be kinda like a mule but with a horse and goat instead of the horse and donkey?

Ah heck, we sleep fine next to our stable, 1 stang - 1 goat - and a 69 1/2 breed camaro!

You can't go wrong with that nice of CV! They are like boats and bikes!

EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE ONE WHEN SPRING GETS HERE and like ya said looks easy to turn next year if you get tired of it!

I suppose it would do until you can find a real vert but make sure you get a nice hat and dark sunglasses with a trenchcoat so you can drive around incoznito. No sense ruining your reputation as a cool guy just to have some fun in the sun.

Personally if I traded for something non Mustang and topless it would have to be a triple black 65' Lincoln Convertible with suicide doors like the one in the opening credits of entourage. That's a land yacht with some style.

a0d8_20.JPG?set_id=1C4000

Buy it...it looks like a sweet ride, and if it is a good deal then you can always trade up to a 69 Mustang convertible. Life is too short for coulda, woulda, shoulda, so don't have any regrets, if you like it, make an offer.

Bill

Well it might be slipping through my hands. Seems he has a 600HP 455HO engine ready to go into it. I told him I'm not interested in an engine like that since it's mostly for my wife (and me and my buddies to golf in). So we will see. The price was 16K but I think I could get it for around 14K. I'm going to look at it again this weekend but I'm really in the catbird seat since I will only buy it IF I want and can afford it. I guess in the long run this is a good thing since it would take that 14-16K from the Mach.

This past Friday I was speaking with a custom car builder who is trying to work a deal where he would install the complete AirRide suspension system on my Mach for about 50% of the cost if I would allow it to be shown at the SEMA 08 show. So I might need that money to cover these costs.....

this would be a sweet ride too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Ford-XL-Galaxie-Convertible-429-V8-Good-Driver_W0QQitemZ280205347354QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6233QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it's pretty loaded also and could probably be had pretty cheap. it needs some work but not a lot.

That's a good one. It's an original 429 convertible car with air and rim-blow wheel. Notice the front fender gills, it's probably a very rare XL-GT.

That's a good one. It's an original 429 convertible car with air and rim-blow wheel. Notice the front fender gills, it's probably a very rare XL-GT.

i'd drive the wheels off that one. throw a cheapie maaco paint on it and just drive it all over.

Wow, that is a nice car.

But Coz, if'n you're wanting trunk-space, you need a Galaxie, not a Fairlane (you knew I'd have to pipe in and pimp a Gal).

You can easily fit 7 or 8 dead hobos in the trunk of a Galaxie, golf clubs would be nuttin'!

Here's a hawt 67 LTD on the Bay right now.

Another car in the area for sale is a 63 Galaxie vert. I need to take a closer look at it but it looks clean and straight from the road. Red with white top.

Any idea what they sell for? I know, tough question w/o knowing the particulars like a 427 engine:tongue_smilie:, tranny, power top, etc...

Yeah, that could be anything from $4 to $40 thousand, depending on all those things you mentioned, hehe.

Do a search of completed items on eBay, see what they've been selling for.

I hear ya... A buddy went by at lunch and snapped these pics. No one around and my bud is a Bowtie butthead so he didn't know much. Here are a few pics - I'm going to pass....

I have the phone number if anyone is interested.

Coz,

You know better than that. You do not give a chebbie guy a camera and tell him to take pics of Fords. :nono: They just don't know.

And no i don't need the number, i thought about it but i got enough stuff to work on.