Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mace

Other forum

I do but do not post there.... They are a bit more critical and quick to gripe - my opinion only of course

I agree. I registered there awhile back, and caught too much flak. It was way easier to wait/find 69stang.com. More specific to the topic, as well.

I post on both. I am russ69coupe on both.

I like both groups. This one is obviously more specific, but I find lots of usefull information on both. For example, welding in floor panels is the same whether you have a 69 or 65.

Russ

i'm a member there as well but i haven't posted there in a long time, mostly because i find it rather difficult to be involved in so many forums, i'm own to just 3 main ones i post in and occasionally i'll post on a 4th one and i have 2 others that i check in on infrequently, VMF and the pro-touring forum.

Yep, I'm there too (same user name) and that's how I actually found out about this forum when I was on the VMF one day and someone mentioned it.

I have trouble keeping up with all the forums too. I joined several but I just stay between the VMF, All Ford Mustangs, and this one.........although I don't have a 69 yet.

There's other forums too that I frequent like the Garage Journal too ( http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/ ). A lot of info about tools and garages there, plus many pics of what people have done with thier garages.

I used to love the vmf and got tons of info and answers there a few years back when i was actively working on my car. The VMF also inspired me to create this site but make it for our particular years 69 and 70.

Great site all though i have not dropped in over there in at least a year.

I used to love the vmf and got tons of info and answers there a few years back when i was actively working on my car. The VMF also inspired me to create this site but make it for our particular years 69 and 70.

Great site all though i have not dropped in over there in at least a year.

speaking of that, when are you planning on actively working on the car again? i thought you were really close to having everything ready for paint and reassembly

I browse it time to time, there is a wealth of information there. But really, how many times can you discuss Barrett Jackson and POR-15? I swear a lot of the posts just keep repeating themselves.

There may not be as much activity on this forum, but at least the topics are unique. I am a member over there, but don't post as much. Also, sometimes feel like an outcast with 69/70 over there.

If the VMF is quick to gripe, then don't join Corner Carver's forum. They will castrate you if you post something that was talked about in the past year. I know bnickel knows what I speak of :biggrin:

I frequent Stangnet, VMF, here, and MustangsandMore. Some more often than others. There is only so much you can ask about before questions get repetitive, and when you have that many active users it's bound to happen alot. It's not necessarily specific to the VMF.

I'm a member but don't think I have very many posts and any I do are more than a year or two old I am sure. I lurk a few sites when I have that rare extra time on my hands to do so but I really only have enough time to post on one regularly and that is here. If I post any where else even semi regularly it's Stangnet but this place has become my main site. I don't know how we manage to keep adding new members yet keep it the tight nit family that it is but we do and I hope that never changes.

If the VMF is quick to gripe, then don't join Corner Carver's forum. They will castrate you if you post something that was talked about in the past year. I know bnickel knows what I speak of :biggrin:

I frequent Stangnet, VMF, here, and MustangsandMore. Some more often than others. There is only so much you can ask about before questions get repetitive, and when you have that many active users it's bound to happen alot. It's not necessarily specific to the VMF.

oh yeah, i've had my ass handed to me on a plate over there on more than one occasion, then i guit the board and stayed away for a couple of years and came back with a new username when i learned the rules of the board.

i agree with Pak on how close knit thhis board is and can only say that the few members that have been a problem tend to go away on their own, njot really sure why that is but i suspect it's because they can't really get a rise out of anyone here so they do their trolling somewhere else and there have only been a very few like that anyway.

Seems 6t9Mach1 ratted us out on VMF. So much for the close knit board theory..... Looks like he was trying to stir up trouble but they didn't bite. Like I stated before - a decent site but they are sometimes quick to flame others. I've never really posted there so I have not been a victim - just seen a few others shot down in the process. As some other VMF'rs have stated - it does happen.

I like the site for their info - 69stang is just more specific to my year Mustang.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1480314/

I wasnt ratting you out; just thought it was funny. I've seen the exact opposite of what was posted on here about gripping. VMF is a great group of people with a lot of knowledge. Its one of the more civil forums I've been on.

As I said I wasnt trying to stir anything up, I just thought the guys on VMF would enjoy following along.

i don't have a problem with most of the people on the vmf, in fact a lot of them are very cool folks. JohnPro is one of my favorite guys over there, i'll admit there have been a few guys over there who have been rather rude and i've been invloved in a few east side west side rumbles over there but that happens on pretty much all of the boards. hell, right now i can't even get on the VMF, my computer keeps generating IE errors every time i go on the board there but that's the only place it ever happens so i don't know what's uop with that.

You know one thing I do like about VMF is their restomod forum. Pretty cool info there for people who want to Pro-tour/restomod their rides. Plus it keeps that info away from those who think it is sacrilege to do so.

Yeah I'm a fan of their restomod forum as well and there are some pretty sweet builds on there. They've been attracting/getting a lot of big name builders and companies on that forum recently. I've noticed Evolution Motorsports has frequented there to answer questions on their new rear suspension, Jim Smart from Mustang Monthly, Pete (aka Reenmachine), Greg from JBA Headers, Mustangsurfer (Dave Stribling, owner of DVS Restorations), etc.

Is it just me or has Stangnet turned into a forum of nothing but boosted mustangs?

It's definitly one of those "few friendly forums" out there.

In Terms of Mustanging, There's only three forums. VMF, 69S, and FoMOCO. I can't find the last one anymore, so it's only two. Obviously, we need more specific stuff here because there were only so many built in 69-70. We need to be specific about 69/70 cars/bodystyles/VINs/Powerplants. We've seen lately, that confusing a Dearborn with a San Jose can be a costly mistake.

In Terms of Mustanging, There's only three forums. VMF, 69S, and FoMOCO. I can't find the last one anymore, so it's only two. Obviously, we need more specific stuff here because there were only so many built in 69-70. We need to be specific about 69/70 cars/bodystyles/VINs/Powerplants. We've seen lately, that confusing a Dearborn with a San Jose can be a costly mistake.

fomoco.com is now lunch pail parts on ebay, i don't know if they have a new site up and running yet though but the domain name is no longer available last time i checked.

it now says coming soon

http://www.lunchpailparts.com/