Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unfrozen1969

To build or not to build

I converted it to a jpg and this is the error I got when I tried to upload. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the size of the image itself. It is strange because I use to just take images rioght from my camera, it seems that the settings on my camera have been changed. I will look into this further.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 39898177 bytes) in /home/ewhoa01/public_html/69stang/mustang/forum/includes/class_image.php on line 2401

Thanks for your help so far.

Bill

I have decided to hold on to my convertible until another day when the opportunity arises for me to start my rebuild. Until then the game plan is to build a workshop/garage, and just part out cars as a hobby. What I have learned so far, is that it is more fun to take the cars apart than it has been to put them back together.

Regards,

Bill from Ottawa

What I have learned so far, is that it is more fun to take the cars apart than it has been to put them back together.

Regards,

Bill from Ottawa

LOL!:clap: Maybe that's why I have 3 cars all apart! ...and I thought it was money.

Well, after having my car for sale for the Summer, I had a couple of potential buyers, but there was no sale in the end. There have been many ups and downs since putting my dream car up for sale, but deep down I am really glad it never sold. One of the guys whole was looking at it, currently owns a 69 silver jade convertible in Quebec, and he said "just hold on to it, it will eventually get built, just be patient". So I have decided to heed his advice, and remain a classic car owner. I still have a 69 coupe to deal with and a basement full of parts to catelogue to determine what I can keep and what I can eventually sell. It only takes time....Thanks for all of your support guys.

Bill

Well be sure to at least keep it well covered and preserved as best you can until that day comes. Laying on the ground thru those harsh winters with a flapping tarp letting the elements wont cut it. IN fact, if that day is long off I would even consider getting an encapsulator like POR 15 to go right over all the visible rust and at least stop the cancer dead in it's tracks.

Well with Winter just around the corner, I have wrapped my car up and tucked her away in the garage. It has been a difficult year mustang wise, do I keep her, do I sell her, etc. I am glad the old ba is still in my life, and no I'm not talking about the wife. Time to start going through the boxes of parts that I have...

Bill from Ottawa

Where have ya been for the last year? My wife reminds me of it every time I continue on the "projects"..... but then again have you checked your 401k performance from Aug 08? Most if not all are still way off from the high mid year before the "true up"......

Even in your fair city - Nortel is being pieced out to the vultures losing everything and returning less than $3B to the debtors...

Classic cars like these will always go up and down. But they are still a great investment. Ya have to remember that its not always about the $$$$. I did mine for the love of the car. But that said, just wait for a couple of years and see what the old classics are worth. These cars will never 'crash' like my RSP did !!...Well, unless ya drive like me !!

I happened to watch the OLN Network (Outdoor Life Network) here in Canada and there was this show called Tow Biz. The were doing and expose on the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) doing a summer blitz called Operation Checkpoint where they basically select cars off of the highway for random safety checks. On this one episode they had stopped a 1969 Mustang Convertible, Black in color. They were looking inside and out for problems with this car, but it was a beauty and there were no issues with the ride. The checkpoint appeared to be on the 400 series highway, so I am assuming the owner is from the Toronto region. I have looked online for a link for the show, but no luck.

I do not know if the owner frequents this site, but if he does, you have a nice ride and feel free to post some pixs.

Bill from Ottawa

After much deliberation, I have been pricing replacement metal for my convertible. I have to factor in the shipping and have to focus on the doors first. I have a coupe still to part out, I will have to post some parts for sale this Summer, I ahve a 302 to pull out of her...

Good news is that I got my convertible registered with the Ministry of transportation over the holidays, it was like an early Christmas gift, as I was hesitant in doing to much with out the car being legal...

I may be heading to Daytona Florida in the Spring, does anyone know of any Mustang shops that I can purchase stuff over the counter. I am not sure whether National Parts Depot has an over the counter service.

Bill

I may be heading to Daytona Florida in the Spring, does anyone know of any Mustang shops that I can purchase stuff over the counter. I am not sure whether National Parts Depot has an over the counter service.

Bill

Bill

NPD has a parts counter in Charlotte NC --- maybe you could hit it on the way down... maybe not if your taking 95 all the way...

http://www.npdlink.com/images/maps/nc-map.gif

i have used the NC store in the past when i lived in SC... call ahead make sure they have the part numbers you want and pic them up etc.:biggrin:

looks like NPD also has a location in Ocala, FL about 130 miles inland off of 75 from Daytona Beach. -- i dont know if they have a parts counter at the Ocala location.. i would call ahead..

http://www.npdlink.com/images/maps/fl-map.gif

and if you get crazy and hit mustangs unlimited near Atlanta ... nice parts counter...but i have not been in a few years..lol

http://mustangsunlimited.com/Directions.asp

have a great trip!!!

Bill

NPD has a parts counter in Charlotte NC --- maybe you could hit it on the way down... maybe not if your taking 95 all the way...

i have used the NC store in the past when i lived in SC... call ahead make sure they have the part numbers you want and pic them up etc.:biggrin:

looks like NPD also has a location in Ocala, FL about 130 miles inland off of 75 from Daytona Beach. -- i dont know if they have a parts counter at the Ocala location.. i would call ahead..

and if you get crazy and hit mustangs unlimited near Atlanta ... nice parts counter...but i have not been in a few years..lol

have a great trip!!!

Bill

have a great trip!!!

Bill

Thanks for the suggestion, I called and the Ocala NPD location does have an over the counter sales. I look forward to buying some metal so that I can get the foundation fo this car done and get to the fun stuff, such as suspension, powertrain, interior and paint, etc.....$$$$$$$$$.

Thanks again

Bill from Canada