Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unfrozen1969

To build or not to build

I don't have an engine in my car, but I will look online and find one that will suit our needs.

Bill

Cool, you find da pic and I'll chops it up for ya's.:tongue_smilie:

I was watching Barrett-Jackson last night, and they had a 69 MACH 1 with a huge crate engine in it, and it was almost all black. the valve covers looked like they were brushed metal, and the block was a gloss black. The whole car ewas painted black which added to the effect. I thought that it looked nice.

Bill

Does anyone know what the most rare 69 convertible was that was produced? Was it a GT car, or was it a particular color of car? I have heard that some of the rarer mustangs are the cars with the fewest options, go figure....hmmm

Bill from Ottawa

That would be a challenging car to clone...hmmmmm

Bill

nahh, not really. heck you could even use a 390 until such time as the right 428 fell into your lap. the hardest part would be finding a nice enough GT gas cap...one year only item and finding one that isn't pitted all to hell is rather difficult, not impossible, but difficult none the less.

I saw one this Summer, I guess I should have made an ofer on it. I will keep my eyes open...

Bill

found a decent one on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-Mustang-GT-Pop-Open-Gas-Cap-RARE_W0QQitemZ290274332485QQihZ019QQcategoryZ6763QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

not perfect, but might celan up nicely. it's not cheap either but you'd be hard pressed to find a cheap one.

Baby steps brother, I have other gas caps that will do the job until the time comes to complete my ride. I am waiting for my Marti report to see how rare a 6 cylinder meadowlark yellow 69 convertible is. If the numbers are low, there maybe value in putting it back to original for the sake of the breed. I can always build my muscle car ride some other time.

Any luck selling your coupe yet Bryan?

Bill

Baby steps brother, I have other gas caps that will do the job until the time comes to complete my ride. I am waiting for my Marti report to see how rare a 6 cylinder meadowlark yellow 69 convertible is. If the numbers are low, there maybe value in putting it back to original for the sake of the breed. I can always build my muscle car ride some other time.

Any luck selling your coupe yet Bryan?

Bill

meadowlark yellow was a pretty common color in 69 so i doubt that a meadowlark yellow six-slapper vert is going to be especially rare. if it was one of the few 69 250 six cylinder cars that came with disc brakes, power steering and AC, now that one would be pretty rare. off hand i'd say your deluxe interior coupe is rarer

According to Marti there were 1,247 Meadowlark Yellow converts in 69 total. I don't know how many were 6 cyl cars.

I don't know your interior but I'll break it down for you,

2A......904

2G......50

2Y......143

6A......17

7A......52

7G......6

7W.....37

7Y......13

FA......18

FD......1

FW.....6

Some of your codes are not the same from what I have found. Do I have the wrong list. My interior is a dark green. I also have a white deluxe interior from another 69 mustang.

Regards,

Bill

It appears that when I cut and paste the columns disappear....

Interior Trim Codes

Decor GroupBlack vinyl2ABlue vinyl2BRed vinyl2DSaddle vinyl2FIvy Gold vinyl2GNugget Gold vinyl2YBlack, comfortweave, high buckets4ADARed, comfortweave, high buckets4DDDWhite, comfortweave, high bucketsDWBlack, comfortweave, luxury5ABlue, comfortweave, luxury5BRed, comfortweave, luxury5DIvy Gold, comfortweave, luxury5GWhite, comfortweave, luxury5WNugget Gold, comfortweave, luxury5YBlack, comfortweave, bench8A9ABlue, comfortweave, bench8B9BRed, comfortweave, bench8D9DNugget Gold, comfortweave, bench8Y9YBlack, convertible7ABlue, convertible, deluxe7BRed, convertible, deluxe7DIvy Gold, convertible, deluxe7GWhite, convertible, deluxe7WNugget Gold, convertible, deluxe7YBlack cloth & vinyl, luxury1ABlue cloth & vinyl, luxury1BIvy Gold, cloth & vinyl, luxury1GNugget Gold, cloth & vinyl, luxury1YBlack, Mach 13ABlue, Mach 13DWhite, Mach 13W

Hey Brian,

My wife was in San Destin and brought me back a Mustang & Ford trader, and on page 24, there is phot of your GT as it was displayed in Lubbock.

It was a nice surprize to read that.

Bill

yep that was mine, thanks for the compliments. Jerry Heasley usually shows up at the local mustang shows since he only live a couple hours away from here. i didn't want to make a big deal of it since the 2 pics of my car were so small. the other one was on the opening page of that article, it's the engine shot at the bottom of that first page. had i known it was going to be in mustang and ford trader i would have run a for sale ad in that issue. all he told me was that it would be in an event coverage article in the next couple of months, the show was in august

Okay, I was speaking with another Mustang guy in my area, and he told me that since my 69 convertible was a 6 cylinder, it should be a 4 bolt lug pattern rather than a 5. I know for a fact that I have a five bolt. He felt that my five bolr was added on later.

Bill

Okay, I was speaking with another Mustang guy in my area, and he told me that since my 69 convertible was a 6 cylinder, it should be a 4 bolt lug pattern rather than a 5. I know for a fact that I have a five bolt. He felt that my five bolr was added on later.

Bill

Bill, that's not necessarily true. starting in 69 ford used 2 six cylinder engines in the mustang, the 200ci and the 250ci, the 200ci used the 4 lug axles and brakes along with the puny salisbury rearend while the 250ci motor used the same 5 lug axles and brakes and the 8" rearend as the V8 cars. as a matter of fact you could even get power disc brakes with the 250ci six popper. it's actually not totally unheard of to find 250ci six cylinder equipped mustangs with power steering, power disc brakes, AC and automatic transmissions.

with gas prices the way they've been lately, a 69 stang equipped like this would make a great daily driver. with all the aftermarket goodies now available for the in-line six bangers you can even have one with an aluminum head and EFI, automatic overdrive or 5 speed transmission, big 4 wheel disc brakes and improved suspension systems that will do everything a new 6 cylinder mustang will do, possibly even better and way cooler, not to mention cheaper too.

What is the difference in the spring tension between the 6 and 8 cylinder. If I put an 8 cyclinder in my car that has 6 cylinder springs, will the springs hold the weight. I often hear of guys who lower their cars but cutting the springs, wouldn't having 6 cylinder springs with a great load achieve similar results.

Bill