Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chillininnh

First project pics

The car was originally Silver Jade. I am putting the car back the way I want with no regrets. Up front I installed a Ron Morris Performance coil-over along with a 1 1/8 sway bar. The factory power steering was removed in favor of a Unisteer manual rack & pinion. Nothing fancy in the braking department with factory stock disc brakes up front and soon to come in the rear also. A set of Global West subframe connectors were installed, partnered with a set of their 5 leaf 1 1/4 lowering springs with 1" lowering blocks. I also used their Del-Alum leaf spring bushings and a set of Koni Classics. The future will bring a 408 stroker and a TKO 600 to go with a basically stock interior. I just want the car to be fun to drive, handle well, and look good doing it. I bought the car in 1986 when I was 16, I didn't even have a license lol. Since then I have logged almost 80K miles on her and I can't wait to get started on the next 80, whooohooo.

...The factory power steering was removed in favor of a Unisteer manual rack & pinion.

You have any concerns on the u-joint angles on this setup? Mine are very tight to me. I'm curious when the car is fully loaded about how it will dry steer.

-Stephen

Well time for an update, better late than never. As it always seems to do, life can get in the way of these projects. Being a single dad of two teenage daughters doesn't help either but hell I wouldn't have it any other way, here's some pics and my first crack at a video lol.

IMG_20110403_125522.jpg

IMG_20110403_125614.jpg

IMG_20110403_125657.jpg

th_VID_20110403_125905.jpg

I pretty much stuck with the original plan. The motor ended up a 418 and the Unisteer rack was sold in favor of a manual TCP unit. The list is getting shorter and I should be on the road this summer.

Good Job, Looks really nice.

How do you like the TCP manual rack? What was wrong with the Unisteer? I'm thinking real hard about buying a manual or power rack. Stock manual steering sux's.

Good Job, Looks really nice.

How do you like the TCP manual rack? What was wrong with the Unisteer? I'm thinking real hard about buying a manual or power rack. Stock manual steering sux's.

I haven't had the car down the road quite yet and have never driven a stock manual steering mustang. I can tell you that it is armstrong steering and if I had it to do over again I would probably have bought the power rack. The car is a weekend cruiser and I'm no 40 lb weakling (6"4 285 lol) so I'm not concerned about the increased effort. Thanks for the kind words BTW!