Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FMACHI

Your age.

Just curious on how old a Mustang owner is in the US as opposed to here. How old are you now?

How old where you when you bought your first Stang?

How many have you owned?

How many do you own now?

I'm 29, bought my first and only Stang 6 months ago.

David.

I'm 46. Bought my '69 coupe at age 15 and had it since then.

Also had a '67 Cougar XR7 that the '69's old 351W went into for a driver and a 70's parts car for short time.

-Stephen

(bnickel - You have to be kidding you might part with your 69 GT right?)

Wow, wish I could of had a Stang in my teens. Insurance is pretty expensive here on classics. I would of had one when I was 23, but due to a liscence suspension, insurance would of been over $1,500 on a $20,000 standard 351 FB. Currently I pay $400 on a $45,000 Mach I. The due to expiration of suspension (stays on record for 5 years) and being over 25.

Australian dollars of course.

I'm 46. Bought my '69 coupe at age 15 and had it since then.

Also had a '67 Cougar XR7 that the '69's old 351W went into for a driver and a 70's parts car for short time.

-Stephen

(bnickel - You have to be kidding you might part with your 69 GT right?)

yeah, i don't really want to but since i'm disabled and can't work i really need the money to put a down payment on a house. i should be able to get enough for it to put 10 grand down on a house and still have another 10k or so to build another play toy, probably a 69 or 70 cougar, maybe another 69 coupe, who knows. like i said i don't really want to let him go cause he's kinda like my best buddy but my family needs a bigger house and we're sick of renting. plus it's hard to find anyome who will rent you a house when you have dogs even if we could afford to rent a bigger house.

Just curious on how old a Mustang owner is in the US as opposed to here. How old are you now?

How old where you when you bought your first Stang?

How many have you owned?

How many do you own now?

I'm 29, bought my first and only Stang 6 months ago.

David.

Im 39 now,i was 18 when i bought my first car which was a 1968 mustang coupe( sprint 200)..Ive owned 11 mustangs,..i own 2 right now 2004 and a 1969

1968 coupe jet black

1967 coupe parts car

1969 Mustang mach1

1972 Mach1

1969 mach(Parts car)

1988 gt (car was 1 year old)

1980 mustang 4 cylinder converted to a 302

1988 lx 4 banger<loved that car actually

1969 fASTBACK supercobrajet< wish i didnt sell it)

1969 Mach1 (This is the one i got now)

2004 mUSTANG V6

Did most of you guys buy a house before the Stang, or did you buy the Stang first. How many of you rent at the moment.

That might be the main reason, most of us play with bombs when were young. Buy a house in early 20s', then settle down and have a family. I'm still playing around with cars and bikes, notquite ready for family and kids.

Bought my new 88 GT Ragtop when I rented a little 1 bedroom. I wanted a 67 back then, but there was no way to get financing on a classic car back then. It lasted until 18 months after I bought my house (2000). Then drove a 944 Porsche till someone totalled it in a parking lot (damm SUV ran into it while it was parked), bought a new Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V (fun track car/daily driver), then bought the 69 fastback project when I hit forty as my mid-life crisis project (keeps me too poor to hang out at tiity-bars).

I'm 23 and own two mustangs. My first was my 70 fastback at age 15 and a year ago i purchased my mach which is now my daily driver. Mustang blood runs in my family.

I was 14 when I bought my '69 coupe. Put every penny I had earned basically since I was 5 in it. I am 17 years old as of yesterday(1/22). Might be a few years though before I shake the dirty stare from car enuthsiasts (with no money) though. This summer my restoration shop is being built and now with a sucessful business under my belt I can go around and fix up as many classics as I possibly can (Already eyeing a GTO).

For my 17th birthday, I bought my 69 coupe 302, C4 for $1000....that was about 3 1/2 years ago....i also owned a 1988 hatchback 5.0 to compensate for the fact my car was down for a while...i live in soCal...ah, good times in that 5.0

I'm 44, first mustang was a 78 Mustang II when I was 21, had pretty much been a dodge person until then. I had owned a couple of chevys before that and realized what a mistake that was. One night at 24 I went out drinking with a buddy of mine from work and met this gal at a club, buddy had left and I had no ride home so I talked her into giving me a ride, that was when I first met the 69 fastback I am now working on. Bought a house before the car because as we all know they are basically "money pits" just like our kids, but the kids are in their teens, have managed to save some money and figured I better spend their college funds before they realize they will need it.:rolleyes: My wifes just happy that I am having my "midlife crisis" with something she can enjoy as well.

I just turned 26 and bought my Mach last June (2005). I've been looking for a lot longer than that, but had no other Mustangs previous to this one. I actually had a 76 Falcon (had a deposit on it, just needed to arrange a truck to ship it up from Texas) but the owner sold it out from under me to a local buyer.

I rent the 2nd floor of a duplex. I have no intent to buy a house because I don't want to live in Ohio for much longer. Life in the midwest sucks.

at 15 i bought a 65 coupe for 800, got the body and stuff done after saving, at 16 almost had it on the road and my dad traded it for a van and other junk. had a ($150) 70 coupe a ($500) 69 grande ,neither ready to drive, then a bought my 70 mach for $800 without an engine or trans about 10 years ago and finally started restoring it. i got a 68 coupe and a 99 gt ragtop ann. edition last summer and theyre on the road but stored for the winter. i'm hoping to swap the cleveland in the 68 with the 302 i stuck in the mach hehe.

Thanx for all the feedback guys, much more than expected.

I'll give you an idea on how much life sucks for a Stanger down here.

In '97 I found a '65 coupe that needed the worx, $16,000. I mean engine, body work, paint, wheels, drivetrain, interior etc...

In '00 I found a '69 FB that needed paint and some trim, $20,000.

In '05 I found a '69 rolling shell in primer, no engine, no interior, no warranty plate, $12,000(what the hell, no plate meansno car to me)

A dirty dodgy looking '69 MAch 351 2v Needing paint, parts, trim etc... $31,000. This cars plate said Top loader, but it had an FMX and no sign of a clutch pedal not even on the engine side of firewall.

My Mach I set me back $28,000 and it needs paint, a couple of trim and a little TLC.

This above prices are AUS.

For us to ship a US$2,000 stang, it would cost at least A$7,000, and that's without seeing what you buy.

yeah, i don't really want to but since i'm disabled and can't work i really need the money to put a down payment on a house.

Bummer.. sorry to hear that. In the end it really is just a car and family comes first. Fortuately I've never had to consider that. Of course the car isn't worth much in pieces.. lol

Good luck on your adventure.

-Stephen

like i said i'll only sell it if i can get what i want for it. half will go to house the other half will buy me another toy, probably a 69 or 70 cougar but who knows maybe i'll get another 69 coupe, we'll see i guess when the time comes.

Thanx for all the feedback guys, much more than expected.

I'll give you an idea on how much life sucks for a Stanger down here.

In '97 I found a '65 coupe that needed the worx, $16,000. I mean engine, body work, paint, wheels, drivetrain, interior etc...

In '00 I found a '69 FB that needed paint and some trim, $20,000.

In '05 I found a '69 rolling shell in primer, no engine, no interior, no warranty plate, $12,000(what the hell, no plate meansno car to me)

A dirty dodgy looking '69 MAch 351 2v Needing paint, parts, trim etc... $31,000. This cars plate said Top loader, but it had an FMX and no sign of a clutch pedal not even on the engine side of firewall.

My Mach I set me back $28,000 and it needs paint, a couple of trim and a little TLC.

This above prices are AUS.

For us to ship a US$2,000 stang, it would cost at least A$7,000, and that's without seeing what you buy.

Well the same goes over here if you want an Falcon XA-XC coupe! I'd been looking for 2 years and seeing cars going for $16000 USD that sell in Oz for $7-8000 AUD. I actually found a deal, a nice 76 XB (XC transition car) but it was in Texas, it was actually in good shape, and got him talked down to $15k USD. I never did see the car since the owner sold it to somebody else even after I gave him a $1000 deposit. I have friends in Brisbane saying the car was good from the pictures, although they also said they could probably find a better car for less but I'd have to wait.