Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Here goes. Just got my first Mustang, have had several Chevy classics. It's a 1969 Convertible, Winter blue, auto with a matching 302. I've always loved these cars, and this one is very straight and solid. One of the first things I'll do is have the engine pulled and detailed, as well as the compartment. Otherwise paint, top, interior, and mechanics are very good. Will be my weekend driver. It currently has power steering and manual brakes. I think a conversion to power disk brakes is in her future. I also ride a vintage restored Moto Guzzi Eldorado motorcycle. Looking forward to all the help on my future "improvements". Oh yea, I live in South Jersey (non toxic).

Welcome to the site cam3512. Glad to have somewhat "converted" you over to a ford owner heh heh. But seriously we look forward to trying to help you out with any questions you may have.

As for the picture, aint nothing better than a mustang and ehhmm a hot lady. (i have to stay somewhat politically correct) :)

Hello, my name is Jason and I live in Calgary, Alberta. I am 33 years old, married with 3 kids who are 8, 5, and 2. I have been in the hobby since I was 14 years old, tinkering around with my dad's cars.

This is my first 1969, but I have always loved the sportsroofs, Mach's and Boss'. This one popped up on ebay and I thought it would be a great place to start. To see any of my past and present vehicles, check out my website at http://www.classiccorral.com. For now, my current driver...

69fb008.jpg

Dang, Jason do you still have all of those mustangs? (Besides the ones that have been sold.)

I know i said it in the other post of yours but welcome to the site.

Dang, Jason do you still have all of those mustangs? (Besides the ones that have been sold.)

I know i said it in the other post of yours but welcome to the site.

Other than the two that were sold, yeah, we still have them. The fastback is my dad's and the primer 67 coupe is one that I have been restoring for a year for a friend. Missing from the list is a 67 coupe shell, but only a parts car.

Thanks again.

Whats happenin, I'm Jay and I'm an Alcholic, not really. I am brand new to the site, just registered today. I have a 69 Coupe, that is well... in need of some help. I've had it for about ten years it was my first car. I drove the crap out of it and left it sittin while I went off to the army. Now that I'm out and back home, I dug it out of the back yard and its time to let the games begin, so to speak. I'd really like to see some pictures of some coupes to kinda get an idea of where I should go with this thing.

Ok forgot to to this earlier. But my name is Adam I am new around here and I have a problem. I am addicted to mustangs. Ok sorry about that the AA meetings are getting to me j/k. But anyway I have a 69 coupe with a 351C mild rv cam, msd 6al box, hei dristributor with a 50,000v coil. edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock 650 carb. Racing buckets, 5-points, roll bar All new suspension front and rear, track bars on the rear frame stiffeners, Mach 1 rear spoiler, one big ass front air scoop. There is more but cant think of it all right now.

I have the spindles and rotors for the front disc brake swap just need to get the other stuff slowly. I want to get a front facia spoiler yet too. I will be getting a new oil pan with baffels in it so I don't lose oil pressure any more when racing and doing something with my rear end. Really need to lock it and re-gear it baaaaaaadddddd. I would get alot better launches at the start.

I live in Kansas right now for another 78 days then will be heading to Korea for a year minimum. I am gonna hate leaving my baby behind but she will be in good hands at the performance shop and the body shop..

But anyway that is me for now. I will be seeing you all around.

Adam

Welcome to the site Adam. Im guessing people dont mess with you much on the highway once they see that scoop, makes them think you got a big block under the hood :)

Glad to have ya around for another 78 days at least. What plans do you have for it while your away?

Welcome to the site Adam. Im guessing people dont mess with you much on the highway once they see that scoop, makes them think you got a big block under the hood :)

Glad to have ya around for another 78 days at least. What plans do you have for it while your away?

The motor is going to be completely re-done, Bored .40 over new head, cam, super charger (??), NOS!!! everything the whole nine yards. Hope to be pushing well over 450 hp if I can out of that motor. Then the body is going to a shop and getting completly re-done inside and out, The hocky stripes will actually be painted into the car and not stickers too... I know where my extra cash is going while I am gone that is for sure..

People still try to mess with me even with that scoop on there. It's funny when I take off like a bat out of hell though. Gotta love my new tranny for that one. he he he. best $1400.00 spent yet. Now just have to lock the rear so I can get all that power to the groud off the start.

Hrmm i think .40 over is getting close to the clevelands max bore, without having some strenght issues. The guys over at: http://www.351cleveland.net could verify this information, it might just be hearsay that i've read online. Or someone on the forums here could fill us both in. Sounds expensive though! Definetly going to be a beast on the street.

i've cracked cylinder walls in stock bore cleve's, .030 is generally the max you can bore one over before you really run the risk of cracking a cylinder. anything over .030 and that motor won't last long

Hey thanks for the information. I was just going by he said she said on that portion of it. That is why I am going to be paying somebody to do all this for me. They know what they are doing compared to me. I know a little but not a lot. I am still learning. Now if you want to talk rock-crawling suspensions we can talk and I can tell you all you need but as for an engine that is where I am a little hairy yet.. You guys seem great and know the places to look. Looking to keep in contact appreciate the help so far guys....

When I am in Korea I will be getting paid just a little extra and that is what all the extra is going towards.

Hi Guys,

My name is Roy.

I already own a 1968 390 Mustang Fastback(x-code) and just bought my other dream car a 1969 Mach1.

My 1969 is a frame off buld back restauration,and right there i hope to find help from you all.

Like I said the frame is completly striped and repainted and all the parts that the previous could find back are in a few boxes,I'm sure i need almost every part to put the car back together.

I'm looking for any kind of part related to a 1969 MACH 1,ENGINE ,INTERRIOR,EVRYTHING ELSE to buy.

please help me out??

Roy

resto69spr002.jpg

Hit me up on AOL messenger, i have bundles of parts i could almost build another car with and im selling it all, Ive had many pm messages but i cant keep up id rather just talk on messenger

Give it up no one wants to talk to you! :thumbup:

Welcome Roy! If you are not the guy I’m thinking of then all of this is going to seem strange, but by any chance do you live in NH and happen to have stopped by Scott Wright’s Auto Body this weekend? He called me Saturday looking for a driver side door for someone and I gave him this website address to pass along so I thought you might be him?

If not welcome anyway, but if you are then I believe you may have also met my wife in Plaistow which is how you got Scott’s info to begin with.:whistling:

Hey guys. New to the forum and just wanted to say 'ello!

Below is my 1969 Mach 1 which is due a restore in the near future.

I've come here looking for any tips & discussion related to such endeavors.

-A

mach1.jpg

Welcome Roy! If you are not the guy I’m thinking of then all of this is going to seem strange, but by any chance do you live in NH and happen to have stopped by Scott Wright’s Auto Body this weekend? He called me Saturday looking for a driver side door for someone and I gave him this website address to pass along so I thought you might be him?

If not welcome anyway, but if you are then I believe you may have also met my wife in Plaistow which is how you got Scott’s info to begin with.:whistling:

Hello Pakrat,

I'm not the Guy your talking abouth,I live in Fresno CA.

@All

Thank you for the welcome ,realy hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Regards Roy

Hey guys. New to the forum and just wanted to say 'ello!

Below is my 1969 Mach 1 which is due a restore in the near future.

I've come here looking for any tips & discussion related to such endeavors.

-A

mach1.jpg

Welcome to the site armothe. Glad to have you aboard!

Threads: 1,078, Posts: 7,132, Members: 477, Active Members: 83

So 477 members and 83 of those are active as of today. Not too shabby. I guess their not all mustang addicts like us :)