Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trinitys

COME ON IN, DON'T BE SHY, INTRODUCE YOURSELF!!

Hi all... just checking in. Many of you may recognize me from my Stangnet posts. I visited a while back, but the forum sure has grown since then.

About me...

My name is Wyatt, I'm married to wonderfully supportive crazy woman, and I'm father to an equally crazy 10 month old boy.

My usual gig is being a doctoral student in music composition, specializing in computer music. Basically I make crazy sounds, put 'em in some contrived order, and call it music. I'm also a teaching "assistant", which means I teach undergraduate theory and musicianship, and other random crap upon occasion.

My current Mustang is also the first car I ever purchased/owned. It's a '70 Mach 1 I bought in '89 for $1200 and used as a daily driver until early 1995. When it started having more and more problems, I sadly set it aside when I started dating my wife. So the car sat and rusted in place for nearly 7 years until 2002, when we (my father and I) embarked on its current reincarnation. Check my site for details and pics: http://groups.msn.com/DBsMustang/

That's pretty much it...

See you in the forum. 8)

Welcome to the site Darkbuddha! After looking at the pics i remember seeing the car. I'm on stangnet occassionly, i guess thats where i saw it. Car is looking good nonetheless.

wusup everyone let me introduce my self my name ash, i live in cali (the bay area) i have 69 stang coupe that is once again be painted and going to the body shop (some dude had a great idea of hiting on the passenger side) its silver, ill post some pictures up soon!! as for engine modifications i am going to get a 347 or a 408 from coasthigh.com so ill make into a prostreet car!! with the stock look (so i can scare people) lol hopefully this forum will answer some of my questions and what not so thanks

peace.

Hi all... just checking in. Many of you may recognize me from my Stangnet posts. I visited a while back, but the forum sure has grown since then.

About me...

My name is Wyatt, I'm married to wonderfully supportive crazy woman, and I'm father to an equally crazy 10 month old boy.

My usual gig is being a doctoral student in music composition, specializing in computer music. Basically I make crazy sounds, put 'em in some contrived order, and call it music. I'm also a teaching "assistant", which means I teach undergraduate theory and musicianship, and other random crap upon occasion.

My current Mustang is also the first car I ever purchased/owned. It's a '70 Mach 1 I bought in '89 for $1200 and used as a daily driver until early 1995. When it started having more and more problems, I sadly set it aside when I started dating my wife. So the car sat and rusted in place for nearly 7 years until 2002, when we (my father and I) embarked on its current reincarnation. Check my site for details and pics: http://groups.msn.com/DBsMustang/

That's pretty much it...

See you in the forum. 8)

Hey DB, what's up? i just noticed you posted. glad to see you over here have you out the virtual build thread yet?

Hi Everyone! :D

My name is Lalo, and I love Mustangs!

The Boss 302's are my dream cars. I hope to own a Mustang very soon, but to get me through the wait I currently own a 92 Maxima :|

Well, my major interest is drawing! I make CAR-toons and stuff (made the Grande on Trinitys Sig :P )

I hope to have a great time and contribute to this forum :D

Some may know me from TMS, where I have posted for a long while

Just an intro - Protowrxs

Stephen Nolen aka 'Protowrxs'

Hobbies: Chopper bicycles, Dirt Motorcycles, Stop Motion movies Stangs.

Car: 1969 Coupe - My first car back in 1974 when I was 15... yeah, I'm freaking old. An old school street racer and fun car currently torn down (currently means the last 10 years or so).

The car originally had a 351W 2bbl, FMX and was apparently baby blue. It was already orange when I got it and will be something similar in the end. The '69/70 Stangs are almost the only cars that look good in orange to me. I ran the car on the street for years with a 302, boss crank, HD rod, ported hipo 289 head setup with 12.5:1 pistons back when high octane was actually an option. It had a 5:43 rear gear and a C-6 tranny. Was good from 0 to 1/4 mile and that was about it but left me lots of good memories.

Getting serious about a rebuild with a front suspension rebuild, floor pan work, some 17 or 18 inch rims, and a re-worked '85 EFI motor out of an old F150 (I hope). The rear is in place with a 9" 4:11 so I'm thinking of an AOD of 5 speed so I can actually drive it this time. My biggest unknown is fitting larger rims on the car as the rims or my day were 14" and 15" - lol. The car isn't worth much to the world but lots of sentimental value to me.

Details here: http://www.protowrxs.com/nolen/Stang

Looks like there's lot of knowledge here to draw on.. :)

-Stephen

my car used to look identical to yours except with a crappy blue paint job and 14" wheels instead of the 15" yours had but the same style. i had 14x6 et slots front and 14x9 fentons out back with 195/70-14 and L60-14 pro tracs out back. i had to put the long shackles and shock extenders on just to keep the tires from rubbing with the old worn out leaf springs. funny thing was with that with those wheels and tires, no front sway bar and a slightly warmed over 351w i could almost pull the right front wheel off the ground, it would definitely pull the suspension to the stops though. was pretty fun back then but it didn't handle for crap :shock:

Thanks for the welcome.

I hadn't thought about someone from here having run across my site. I must update that thing.. someday. :?

Actually those are 14 x 10's on the back with M50's and 15 x 4's up front.. weird eh. Can you believe those are the only rear tires I ever bought for that car? They are still on the car but hard as a rock. (I must admit I did go through a set of 8" cheater slicks though <wink>) The rear leaf springs are from a 70 Boss 302 that a friend of mine parted out. Yeah, handling wasn't considered.. just go straight.

It's nice seeing other '69 owners here, maybe I can get back 'into' the car again with my 9 year old son.

-Stephen

Hi, I'm Mattie. I finally got off of my butt and started going over my 69 Coupe. It's a Texas car, I got it with 28,000 miles. it doesn't look like it has that many miles though. It's got a 302, and I just found out while trying to get a tranny filter that it's not a C4, it's an FMX. It used to be a four speed car. It's got all the luxuries of home, four wheel manual drum brakes, and manual steering. It had AC, but I don't have anything hooked up.

I burnt the wiring harness five years ago while putting an ignition switch in with the battery connected. Okay, okay, stop laughing. Whatta ya want? I'm a computer guy, I thought I could show off and hot swap it in the parking lot of the parts store. Anyway, it's been sitting in my garage for five years. I've replaced the harness under the dash, and repaired the one under the hood. That wasn't easy. I had to get a pigtail for the firewall connector and then solder the wires back together. So I just got a bunch of goodies, but I'm trying to get the engine going first. I got a 600 cfm Edelbrock Performer carb w/ elec choke, and set it on top of an 85 GT manifold. I replaced the water pump, fuel pump, valve covers, thermostat housing, got a Pertronix coil and the elec ignition swap, and that about takes care of the replacements under the hood. I have a new 2 1/4" exhaust with an H-Pipe, and the Thrush Glasspacks. I got an entire suspension kit with the 1" lowering springs front and rear, upper and lower control arms, shocks, sway bars, some steering parts, it was a huge kit. I got the entire drum brake hardware kit, and a vacuum booster w/master cylinder. I think I'm gonna have to replace the starter, cuz I noticed underneath that a bolt is missing from the crossmember, and that dented it (anyone know what size bolt that is?). The only rust underneath is on the passenger side rear, where I noticed that I could see the carpet. Lots more happening, but that's the basics. Oh, bright red, satin black hood and trunk, sitting on 14" and 15" Centerlines. Pictures forthcoming. Mattie

Mattie, welcome to the site!! Sounds like your ready to rock on your mustang. One question, why all the trouble rebuilding all the suspension....doing the power booster, been there many times btw, and not swapping to a disc set-up out front? Drums are scary! I have a good long story on why my first Granada swap was at the age of 17.

One more thing, please fill out your profile info, location, occupation and such, it's nice to know who you’re talking to. I look forward to helping and watching your coupe take fold…..

Welcome Mattie! - Good to see another '69 Coupe under rebuild... and another computer guy to boot!

... I got an entire suspension kit with the 1" lowering springs front and rear, upper and lower control arms, shocks, sway bars, some steering parts, it was a huge kit. ... Pictures forthcoming. Mattie

Mind sharing your experience/source for the suspension kit? That is where I'm at right now. Old coming out and looking for the best overall solution out there in the near future.

Thanks and welcome again.

-Stephen

Hi. I'm the proud new owner of a 69 coupe. I don't have pictures yet, but plan on posting some when I develop all this film.

Even though I have had awesome luck on eBay finding cars for the last couple years (I found an 87 gt 5.0 vert in excellent condition in Indiana for 2000$ in 2001 and a 95 5.0 gt coupe in Kansas for 2500$ 2002), my luck ran out in this one.

I've had to replace the rear tail light valance, both rear quarters, the entire trunk, and have been patching the fenderwells. The doors still need new skin and I have new front fenders ready to bolt on. All the hard work has been done, and I only have one more month to complete it... :evil:

I'm a 31 year old undergraduate student of philosophy. In another 3 years, I'll be teaching it at the university level. Why philosophy you ask? Well, i'm a veteran of the USN... and with nothing else to do but sit on the deck of the ship and stare at the stars all night... how could I not end up someone who thought to much for his own good?

In any event, you all seem like a great bunch of enthusiasts. I think i'll move in :)

Welcome to the site! And we look forward to those pictures. I had to replace rear trunk/tail light panel and valence as well. My doors on the other hand are in good shape luckily. Good luck with your project!

Well, I just found this site the other day and thought I'd join in the fun.

As far as introductions go, here goes:

My name is Brian and I work as an electronics technician for a semi-conductor company in the green state of Oregon. I have owned a '69 Mach 1 since my high school days but haven't had the resources to do a restoration on it until recently. Plus I just inherited another project, a '67 coupe that I've started working on. This one is actually the girlfriend's

car that she hasn't decided if she is keeping or not, but it needs a little work.

Some details on my '69: It's a M-code car with a 4-spd and 3.25 rear. It's Indian fire with a white interior and is almost all original. I actually bought the car when I was 16 from a friend of my dad's. Back then I paid $1500 for it and I'm absolutly amazed at the current value of these cars, it sure makes me glad I hung onto it all these years. The poor thing has sat for a few years, but I'm headed home to grab it next week and start getting her cleaned up and back in shape.

I had been looking for some good online resources to aid me along the way, and that's when I found your site. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge with you guys.

Welcome to the site brian. We look forward to hearing more about your project and aiding you with the resto. (end generic welcome message) 8)

But seriously we need pictures when you get her home. And good luck with the 67 coupe.

Hey all!

My name is Paul, I just stumbled upon this site and think this is way cool! I am the owner of a 1969 Mustang Coupe, which I've owned for over 13 years. I restored it years ago, back when I was in High School and then drove it daily for about 5 years. When I moved from Pennsylvania to Michigan back in 2000, I left it in my 'rents garage. I have yet to go pick it up. :( Hopefully I'll make that treck shortly and I can get started on the second restoration.

So here she is circa 1996. Sorry for the blurry pics...couple a crappy photographer with a crappy scan job, and this is what you get! :lol:

Merlin51-1.JPG

Merlin51-2.JPG

hello my names Ray

i got a 1969 mustang grande running at 429hp and have had it for 3 years got it resprayed black with silver gt stripes to try and make it look like a gt500(elenor)

i live in Sydney AUSTRALIA and my 1st car was a XY GT HO had that for 3 weeks and rapped it around a pole in a accident and nearly lost my leg

hope to meet you all and speak over the internet often thanks ray