Sign in to follow this  
RPM

2024 MustangSteve Bash Info in Bakersfield.

https://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=13701

Here's a link to the host hotel booking page. The official Bash is Saturday October 5th, but guys start showing up Thursday afternoon to catch up with friends. There will be updates on the MustangSteve site up until the event. 

Screenshot_20231109-160610_Drive.jpg.b21b51232d8bef43ab428f3f8cfb7988.jpg

We had to go into the food court to frame a couple of walls at lunch time ,about 100 convicts in there at the time ,they told us before entering if any thing happens stand still and the guards would intervene. ,my tool bag weighed about 75 pounds with tools and a pouch full of screws and a drill .of course one of the cons grabbed my drill and pointed it at me like it was a gun ...i was thinking i was going to have to go Chuck Norris on his ass when a voice inside my head said" BUT YOU DONT KNOW KARATE"!  standing there like a deer in the headlights the guard slapped him in an arm lock and i grabbed my drill and boogied it out of there but, that was only the first time i had an interaction with one of the cons ! 

No, it will most likely be at a buddy's place above Hart Park and the Kern River. He has a nice place with some acreage and facilities. We usually hold it at local parks, but Bakersfield has smaller neighborhood parks that the needed facilities. The few larger parks require big fees which we aren't set up to cover. 

Are there good places to stay where we can park our cars overnight?  Mine is getting close to getting painted now.  I might want to see if some of the Texas group wants to caravan out there.

18 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Are there good places to stay where we can park our cars overnight?  Mine is getting close to getting painted now.  I might want to see if some of the Texas group wants to caravan out there.

Maybe you know Woodchuck on VMF? He recommended asking the local police if he could put his in their fenced-in patrol car area. He said all he ever had to do was offer them a ride. Of course, then you have to get back to your hotel.

On 11/10/2023 at 8:57 AM, RPM said:

https://fyi.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=13701

Here's a link to the host hotel booking page. The official Bash is Saturday October 5th, but guys start showing up Thursday afternoon to catch up with friends. There will be updates on the MustangSteve site up until the event. 

Screenshot_20231109-160610_Drive.jpg.b21b51232d8bef43ab428f3f8cfb7988.jpg

Bob how many days did you take to make the drive to Texas, 2 or 3, more?

Two days, one night. You taking the 10 or 40?

Heading west, when I take the10 I stay in either Van Horn or Las Cruces, depending on when and where I depart. 

When I take the 40 I sleep in Gallup NM. Not fond of Gallup or any part of NM, but the 69 hadn't been stolen yet. 

My buddy is currently headed here from NW Ft Worth and spent last night in Flagstaff.

I try to get as far as possible the first day, regularly doing 13-16 hours. But I'm an idiot, so...

I used to drive from Austin to just North of Jackson MS when my dad lived there. It’s 500 miles and took 9-11 hours. It’s about as long as I care to drive alone. Took a family Road trip last summer to KC, St Louis, Chicago, Cleveland, DC then back through Sw Virginia and Memphis. Those shorter than 8 hour days were more enjoyable 

No wonder we get along Jim. 

Ya, I get it Ed. I sometimes caravan with an older cat from the Mustang Steve site who's 80, and he's good for no more than 500 miles a day. Having family members is different.