Ridge Runner

Missing my 1935 Ford pick up .

I restored a 1933 buick doctors coupe for Don Jones in Porterville a few years back ,had to paint it in lacker ,you can imagine how hard it was to find lacker paint ...and get the right color! This was just about a concours job but the colors really go together good. I thought this pic was the car i restored but i guess it isnt . Dons car was one of the very first cars to cross the golden gate when it opened , we finished it just in time for the golden gate anniversary . He died shortly after that and the car was sold at auction  .for big bucks i was told ! 

rps20240110_193421.jpg

This 35 truck bed is a deal at 2,200.,it is un assembled but i have built at least 4 so it no problem ,it is every piece to build a complete bed and for the same price they will ad the wood floor and stainless trim . I get a little farther along and i will order one ,this is from Mack Products and they are just like the original .

Screenshot_20240111-174551_Samsung Internet.jpg

Trying to drill out those rivets in the cut up radiator brackets ,i broke off a drill bit! The metal is like drilling a lead steel mix and it grabs drill bits ,kind of like stainless steel ! After a few good cuss words ...did i say a few ? I got the last rivet out with a diamond grinder bit 

20240112_130211.jpg

I thought i had another rear leaf spring bracket but i guess i dont ! This one is toast ,all busted up . I do have another frame but it has tons of crap stacked on it ,if i cant find another one i will have to pull that one out .

Front radiator brackets fit right in place so that is done . Now to get it on the rotisserie ,it weighs about 200 pounds and i have already flipped it about 5 times ,thats more than an old fat man can handle!

20240112_132748.jpg

20240112_132801.jpg

I got this thing up on the rotisserie all by my self ....all buy my self ,dont wana be ,all by my self .. sorry ,80s flash back ! Any way it is the same length as a mustang so i didnt have to move the ends ,a mustang drive shaft is also the perfect length . Now i can have some fun boxing the front and rear of the rails !

20240113_153847.jpg

I made part of the boxing plates for the rear of the frame ,there will be a short piece on the back side of the rear big brace ,but i have to get a brace first . I want to sand blast and epoxy prime inside the frame where the plates will cover the inside of the frame . It should be very strong once boxed . I have to hole saw some access holes for the bed bolts still .

20240114_154152.jpg

20240114_153358.jpg

20240114_142350.jpg

20240114_142324.jpg

A lot happened in just a very short time ! I lost two of my great Pyranees  in two days . The oldest ,11, Annie wasnt getting around very good so i took her to the vet ,they operated but it was to late ,she had extream cancer ,i brought her home where she died that evening .

Suzy my middle Pyranees at 9 years old had epilepsy ,the next day she went into a siesure  and never came out of it ,i think it was because we lost Annie . I buried both of them two days apart under the palm trees in the pasture where they loved to spend their time .

I had been looking for a golden Retriever pup ,the day after we lost Suzy one came up on market place ,i jumped in the car for a two hour drive and picked up Bonnie! Now they want a fortune for these dogs here ,1200 - up to 2000 . They wanted 500 for here and i didnt question it . She is a bit of a terror ,we call her carpet shark ,but about the sweetest thing ,when not biting with those little needles and smarter than hell! She is helping fill a big empty hole that was left. 

I didnt get much done on the 35 ,boxed the front rails and dug out a few more parts but right now not much in the mood to work on it,but maybe in a month or so ,we will see.  

FB_IMG_1707496468757.jpg

FB_IMG_1707496476678.jpg

20240208_104947.jpg

20240208_105153.jpg