Sign in to follow this  
Machspeed

Carpet

I need to order carpet for my 69 Mach and have been looking at mass backed ACC carpet at CJ Pony. Couple of questions.....I've removed the OEM carpet which has but a single molded in  rubber foot pad on the drivers side only. New carpet specific to the Mach 1 shows four rubber molded foot pads. I suppose the question is, is this a factory error for my car? Did all Machs come with four molded in foot pads? Last question, what is the difference between original style carpet and cut pile? I desire the more factory look. Thanks!

Mine has four rubber pads.

cut pile is not stock: which can be described as sewing strands of yarn into a backing material - creates thousands of yarn loops. When the loops are cut, we create a CUT PILE carpet, often known as PLUSH or texture carpet and even friezes.

5 minutes ago, Caseyrhe said:

Mach 1 carpet has the plastic insert, sports roof does not have the inserts.

the m

Mach carpet also adds 15 hp to the car

Casey, messed up on the carpet......sports roof does have single insert for driver's side. Think my Mach got sports roof carpet. But, you nailed the 15 HP addition with Mach 1 carpet!