JT Jones

69 Fastback Wiring Woes

I have a rolling chassis back from body/paint and the original wiring is there, but there's noting in the car, so nothing is hooked up. It's a mess, how should I sort through it to see what goes where and what's missing/broken?
I have a 55 F100 that I tore out all the old wiring because it was melted and installed all new pretty easily...
Thx in advance

69.JPG

69a.jpg

69b.jpg

69c.jpg

Repairing is the easy part.  If this is your first 69/70 and you didn't take pictures of the harnesses as you removed them, you should probably get the Osborne Electrical Assembly Manual, which has a lot of diagrams of where wires go.  For the most part, everything is fairly straight-forward if you lay things out left to right.  Ford does a very nice job of ensuring connectors are gender specific, so it is hard to plug connectors that are not supposed to be mated.  Remember to match wire colors across the connectors. 

Just be sure to use wire nuts for splices...NOT!

Welcome ! Good to see you make it over :)  Do you think you have everything ? Did you start this project ? Manuals can be somewhat helpful, but if you don't think you have everything maybe consider something from Painless or American Autowire. Lots of help here also to maybe help figure out connectors and what not. 

2 hours ago, JT Jones said:

If there are specific end connectors that are missing, where do y'all recommend getting them from?

I can pretty much supply any that are missing.  If there is more than a couple or three, it is probably better to send it to me to completely go through the harness and bring it up to factory specs. 

On 8/19/2017 at 6:21 PM, JT Jones said:

If there are specific end connectors that are missing, where do y'all recommend getting them from?

Midlife is a harness restorer.  His charges are very reasonable for what you get and his service is very well regarded.  You might look up his site to see if you think you want him to do the refurbishment for you.

http://midlife66.com/harnesses/welcome.html

I would recommend either sending it to midlife or the AAW route. Unless everything looks pretty good when you lay it out. I had lots of splices and wires that were burnt or brittle and didn't want to take the chance. It may be a quick and easy job but if it is a mess, may help to hand off to someone or start new.

The AAW wiring harness is pretty straight forward.