Sign in to follow this  
Bob & Sue

Radio Side Trim Panels 69 with A/C Help Needed

Like the title says help I tried briefly to install both side panels thinking they would just unscrew from the one screw on the bottom and take the nut off the upper screw of the radio. I can't get the upper nut or screw to back out far enough to get the panel out. It's a 69 with A/C and AM/FM Cassette. 

Is there a trick or something I'm missing? Does the radio need to be pulled maybe?

Dash Trim - 1969-70 MUSTANG RADIO SIDE TRIM PANELS

Take off the radio/HVAC faceplate then slide the side trim pieces down. The side trim pieces are held in place at the top by pins from the faceplate that poke through the holes near the top of the side trim pieces and a tab on each side hanging down from the upper dash pad.

2 hours ago, RogerC said:

Take off the radio/HVAC faceplate then slide the side trim pieces down. The side trim pieces are held in place at the top by pins from the faceplate that poke through the holes near the top of the side trim pieces and a tab on each side hanging down from the upper dash pad.

X2 the radio face plate needs to come off before those can be removed.

Hey thanks for the quick replies the drivers side has a piece missing that's really ugly looking & sticks out when you look in the car. Will try to get it done this weekend, didn't want to pull apart more than I needed to then find out I wasted all that time.

Again Thanks