Sign in to follow this  
1969Fstback

Side mirrors

I have the sport style mirrors.   The passenger side is missing the glass plus the adjustable piece the glass adheres to.  I can find the glass but not the internal piece.   Does anyone know if those are produced?

I also have new door skins.   Which kit is best to use in mounting the mirrors?  Im holding off mounting the driver til I have a solution for passenger side incase I end up with complete different set with different mounting holes.

11 hours ago, LiLMike said:

I think you have to buy the entire mirror. Don't think they make just the internals. One thing I did that you may like is the convex mirror on the passenger side.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/glass_assy_outside_racing_mirror_convex-183515-1.html

i did this on both my cars i can recommend it, even if you have to replace the brand new mirror glass of a new racing style mirror.

11 hours ago, 1969Fstback said:

Thanks, the part I am missing is what the glass attaches too.  I've seen the glass.  Hoping to find a busted part that has the internals.  Guessing I won't and will need to buy a entire used mirror or repro.

They have a used passenger lens assembly (with the mount attached to the glass) for $67.36. That's cheaper than buying a complete mirror.

5 hours ago, Mach1 Driver said:

They have a used passenger lens assembly (with the mount attached to the glass) for $67.36. That's cheaper than buying a complete mirror.

I saw that the other day.  When I clicked on it, it said out of stock.  I seen a few on ebay.  Used originals.  By the time I did all my research they were gone.  They were around $100 for complete mirror.