RobotMan

Seat Belt Question

The 3 point seatbelts I bought for my son's Mach are too short for big guys like me. I have to unlatch the belt to reach a control on the dash. Anyone have a vendor with longer seatbelts or maybe an extension?

Thanks

Rick

5 hours ago, RobotMan said:

The 3 point seatbelts I bought for my son's Mach are too short for big guys like me. I have to unlatch the belt to reach a control on the dash. Anyone have a vendor with longer seatbelts or maybe an extension?

Thanks

Rick

I just ordered this one, haven't got them yet, but the description says plenty of belt length. Don't know what style you are looking for but these are the square push button release and they are made in China not sure if that matters to you. If you are in no hurry I can let you know how they work when I receive them and get them installed.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/232287750292?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Maybe consider a 4 inch or more bracket on the inside where they connect to the floor.  It would be like making a new hole for it to attach that is further forward?  Just wondering about other options....

17 hours ago, Chelby-Ann said:

Anyone have pix of this setup in a 69? I would like to replace my lap belts with the 3 point seat belt. Thanks

Chelby-Ann, I don't know about the belts that are mentioned here but I used a set from Juliano's Hot Rod Parts in my '69 Mach 1. It had no belts at all when I bought it and Juliano's 3 point belts worked well for me. They have a big selection of belts. The "dumb" end of the shoulder belt and the retractor use the anchor point in the floor and the belt loops up to anchor above the door opening. The factory anchor point are used.Good luck. I don't have a better picture.49.thumb.JPG.40683231eaa50ecb91d8df3ffe6443b5.JPG