Machspeed

Speaker Placement Items

Fixing to purchase the entire interior for my Mach in one shot. Part of that includes the replacement of both kick panels and the rear package shelf. Eventually I will be ordering a Retrosound unit to replace my old AM radio and want four speakers, two in the kick panels and two on that package shelf. That said, anyone have any experience or comments about the following two items?  

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/kick_panel_speaker_set_no_speaker-137972-100.html

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/trim_panel_package_tray_molded_plastic-197986-100.html

Thanks!

For kick panel speakers I used the kick panels with speaker pods that NPD sells for convertible Mustangs.  They hold smaller speakers, but use up less space.  Even with that I had to rework the emergency brake to eliminate any side to side play in the pedal and also use 1/2" spacers where the emergency brake mounts to the body.  Overall took some work, but fits just fine.

Don't waste your money on that package tray shit, its ABS and wont fit right I can almost guarantee it and for $200 bucks screw that.

Go to a sign shop and ask for some foam board 1/4" thick... Trace a pattern out of cardboard off the back deck, then add 1/2-3/4" all the way around....Transfer cardboard pattern to foam board and cut it out, then trim to fit.

Then get a board and lay across the newly cut foam board and heat it with a heat gun in the appropriate location till it has the right angle to fit the back deck.

Cut speaker holes to size.

You can then run to the fabric store and spend 10 bucks on a yard of vinyl and a can of adhesive and cover it yourself.

Total cost MAYBE $50.00-$75.00 and it will look better.

but its your cash spend it as you please, Im just trying to save u some of it for future upgrades lol