Ridge Runner

Plasma cutter

Thinking about getting a plasma cutter ,i have a Hobart picked out that will fit the bill ,just wanted to get some reviews . I will be adding a CNC plasma table soon i hope so i need a cutter that will work well and cut at least 1/2 inch steel .Any thoughts on this unit ?price on the unit is $1399.

post-42284-0-48028800-1486418913.jpg

I agree with newstang. ^^^^^^^^^

My Hypertherm 45 cuts so smooth, I will enjoy it even more with a CNC table (on the wish list). I still can't get over how small and light these new inverter based cutters are. Like carrying a small suitcase. It isn't exactly cheap, but if you are fixing to use it a lot, the investment will be very worth while. Shop around, you can find great deals on them.

Wow ,$1625 is a bit over my spending ability right now .  

I have been watching racedezert.com  tools section ,and they keep coming up with some good deals on tables from shops going out of business .A friend bought a plasma cam table and said it works great ,that is the table i want ,i just have to wait for a good one to come up .You wouldn't believe what you can make on that table ...i could play for ever with one  .

Farm show is coming and they often have good deals. I typically buy something there every year and get a better price than can be found on the net.

The lower end plasmas are a bit slow especially at its max cut thickness. For a CNC table you want to go overkill on the plasma and ideally you want a plasma that has the connections already for the CNC control and the straight gun

What size CNC table are you wanting? One of the things I picked up is a liquid handler to convert to a CNC plasma. I got it for $100.

What is a liquid handler? Well it's a lad testing robot that injects the text chemicals into the test tubes. Basically it has XYZ control.

It only has a working area of about 12x18 but for making brackets and such it will be fine

Give me a call, we can talk more about it

Bob