Tain

New Member From NJ

Hello I'm a 15 year old that bought a 1969 mustang at the ending of August. The vin is 9r01f163***. It has a 302 2v which is now a 4v with a c4 trans. I have removed the interior besides the lower dash. The floors are bad, front torque boxes are bad, and both quarters. Also, the trunk floor is bad and the tail panel. The roof had some rust holes.

Tain, welcome aboard young man. It is refreshing to see younger members joining the ranks of classic Mustang enthusiasts. Don't be afraid to ask questions as there are many bright guys here and they are always eager to help. Doing a "search" on this site for an answer before actually posting the question will save you some time. Most of your questions have been discussed here before. Good luck. Looking forward to some pictures of your 'stang.   Dave R.

Nice, a San Jose car like mine. 15? Heck when I was 15 I was still eating dirt! Welcome to the forum Tain. I love to see youngsters getting involved with cool cars. Don't be afraid to ask ANY question, ever. So how did you get involved in cars at your age, parents, siblings, friends, internet?

Nice, a San Jose car like mine. 15? Heck when I was 15 I was still eating dirt! Welcome to the forum Tain. I love to see youngsters getting involved with cool cars. Don't be afraid to ask ANY question, ever. So how did you get involved in cars at your age, parents, siblings, friends, internent

I loved looking at vintage cars and loved the quad headlights and the look of the body compared to earlier mustangs. so I saved up money and worked with my dad who helped fund buying the car. 

As much as I like a Sportroof/Fastback, I just fell in love with my coupe and invested to much time and money into where I didn't want a fastback anymore.

My Dad slightly restored my car in the late 70's for a daily. When I turned 16, the car was given to me when I got my license and now I'm 31 years old and I just can't let that thing go no matter how many headaches it gives me. lol 

Welcome to the club and feel free to ask questions here, these guys are very very helpful when it comes to restoring these monsters. 

As much as I like a Sportroof/Fastback, I just fell in love with my coupe and invested to much time and money into where I didn't want a fastback anymore.

My Dad slightly restored my car in the late 70's for a daily. When I turned 16, the car was given to me when I got my license and now I'm 31 years old and I just can't let that thing go no matter how many headaches it gives me. lol 

Welcome to the club and feel free to ask questions here, these guys are very very helpful when it comes to restoring these monsters. 

i love how your car looks. the color looks so nice 

Hey Tain, check out this site for some info on how your car was built.

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html?redir=decoder.pl

Here's what I got for you.

Warranty Number: 9R01F163829

Year: 9 1969

Plant: R San Jose, CA

Body Series: 01 2 Door Hardtop

Engine: F 302 2v V8

Unit: 163829 163829

Miscellaneous Vehicle Data

Body: 65E 2 Door Hardtop, Grande, Deluxe

Color: I Lime Gold Metallic

Trim: 13A code not found