Raven R code

~ 1969 hood hinge issues....

Hi,

Trying to get the hood to sit down in the back after closing it. It wants to stay up about 1/4 of an inch. You can push it down in the back after closing the hood but that's about it. I heard it could be worn hinges and if so, who can rebuild them? They are 100% rust free and original.

Thanks

If they are to sloppy they will probably not adjust .Hood hinges are a bit tricky to adjust ,if you loosen the hinge and lift the hood from the front the hinge will go down in the back .If you loosen the hinge and push down on the front of the hinge it will go up in the back .Trunk lids are the same way 

Hi,

Trying to get the hood to sit down in the back after closing it. It wants to stay up about 1/4 of an inch. You can push it down in the back after closing the hood but that's about it. I heard it could be worn hinges and if so, who can rebuild them? They are 100% rust free and original.

Thanks

Keep them lubed well at all joints...it helps them settle down....

Picture of one of my hinges just so you can see that the hood hinge bolt holes are slotted for up-down adjustment.  The nuts in the fender wall are fixed so when Ridge Runner says adjust down or up he does mean the hinge.  Brian

post-33155-0-39489100-1472326932.jpg

Like Ridge Runner mentioned, hoods can be tough to adjust.  I have noticed when the hinges are new, adjustment is less finicky.  If the pivot points on the hinges are worn, It will probably never get adjusted.  I don't know the quality of aftermarket hinges.  But, I think I would try a pair.  I was fortunate and able to get hinges from my local Ford dealer when I needed them.  The hood wasn't too difficult to adjust with the new hinges.

Hood hinges not only adjust straight up and down ,you can pull the front of the hinge down and the rear will go up ,so if you lift just the front of the hinge it will go down in the back ,this is done at the fender apron where the hinge bolts with three bolts .I guess you would call it rocking or rotating the hinge .The hinges will not rock/rotate  a lot but it usually is enough to pull the hood down .Kind of hard to explain with out seeing it done .