69mach1build

What flywheel for 351W and TKO600?

As someone that has been looking for 164t parts, I am finding much more options for the 157t setup. Either will work, I just wanted to maximize clutch size. Boss 302's ran 164t but that may have been because twin disc setups weren't around yet.

I'm going aluminum for my flywheel, and my car is mainly street. The 164t in aluminum is still like 7 or 8lbs heavier than the 157t aluminum so I figure it's a decent compromise for a street machine that sees track time. I fell in love driving a friends car with an aluminum flywheel , and since I am planning my toploader swap I figured I might as well. Anyone got a 164t manual block plate lying around?

I'd probably look at QuickTime, from what I've heard they have very tight tolerances, and are the easiest to fit. They use a 157t fly and 10.5" clutch. Since your going 600 I'm guessing you're gonna have some torque, I'd steer clear of aluminum bells. JMHO

If your going to go with the light weight flywheel and stickier clutch set up, Install a scatter shield bell housing for your own safety.

It will allow you to use 157/164 size flywheel and the plate is included.

Ps, I like the way my Lakewood fits and looks behind the 351Cj in my ride and my feet are protected.

i have a lakewood scattershield for my 351w and the 164t flywheel.  if you have to get a bell, i would recommend a 157 bellhousing.  it should be slightly smaller than a 164 and allow a little more clearance for headers.  there are plenty of 10.5" clutch setups out there that can support a lot of power. 

i have a lakewood scattershield for my 351w and the 164t flywheel.  if you have to get a bell, i would recommend a 157 bellhousing.  it should be slightly smaller than a 164 and allow a little more clearance for headers.  there are plenty of 10.5" clutch setups out there that can support a lot of power. 

Very useful info! HUGE thanks!