Sign in to follow this  
Kretzments

Where to Purchase Rear Seat Reinforcement Panel Upper Brackets?

I'm new to the site so thanks for any help you all might to give me.  I'm about done restoring my 1969 Mach 1, but I'm having trouble finding the upper L brackets for the rear seat reinforcement panel.  I can find the mounting hardware, but not the L brackets themselves.  I've checked, NPD, Mustangunlimited, Mustang Depot, and a few other sites with no luck (unless I just flat missed them).  I've also checked out AMK's site but had trouble locating them there as well.  

Does anyone know where I might be able to find these or do I need someone to fabricate some for me?  I've included a picture of the brackets as well if it helps in locating some.  Thanks for any help you all can lend!

Bob Kretz

post-45548-0-62064900-1471194303.jpgpost-45548-0-93426800-1471194305.jpg

Yo Bob, welcome to the forum! You were supposed to join here when you started your project :)

Judging from the factory welds in your pics, it looks like the same who welded on your car did mine also.

Since we all love looking at pics here, how about posting some more pics of your Mustang? Pretty please? And one more request if I may, where abouts do you call home?

If I had a good pattern to go off of I could duplicate them. The problem is that it would likly cost more that buying a good used set.

Start calling mustang shops that deal in used parts, they likly have a dozen of them

Bob

Thanks Dave I appreciate it! I'll give them a try. Do you happen to know what these brackets are actually called? Half the battle with ebay at times is calling it the right thing. Thanks again!

I found a pair for my car from the guys that i posted above but Adam is right they do advertise stuff they don't have sometimes and it was a few years ago. I haven't did a lot of business with them tho just a couple of items. When i saw them on eBay I was actually looking for something else so I don't really remember what they were called you could use search words like rear seat steel panel brackets maybe. These things are getting hard to find. You might also try Scotty  Strickland he is located not for from me he is near Charlotte NC and is on facebook too. He has some items like this sometimes. Welcome to the forum and good luck tracking down you parts.

Dave

Thanks for all the posts.  Surprised a part like this isn't still made by someone.  It doesn't look like it would be that difficult to make, but maybe it's not in high demand.  I'll keep hunting.  I'll post some pics soon too.  Thanks for the help!

Bob