Sign in to follow this  
Shep69

Plasti Dip

It can last for a while. Here in FL, you see a lot of people using it on their wheels and emblems. The only person I know who used it had it hold up on his wheels for at least four months and maybe longer. I can't say for certain how long after that because he quit his job and moved. I didn't see any fading during that time though.

Um... Plastidip will last a LONG TIME.... I have had it on several of my hoods LOL, my Best friend had it on his wheels on his 69 for over 4 years before it started looking rough, and several of his other pieces are done with it....That shit is awesome haha.

My current Ridge Runner hood is completely Plasti-Dipped with rattle can and its been on for several months now, you just have to take your time to make it look good, and it will take about 4-5 cans to do a hood right LOL.

And here's one with the whole hood and Cowl plastidipped and currently how the car sits now... The Hash marks on the red one are done in Plasti Dip to hide a big rock chip hes got in the fender LOL and that stuff has been on there for years

post-13203-0-46264400-1470069756.jpg

And for pure entertainment here is one of me stripping off some stuff we did about 4 hours before that we didn't like LOL... Get creative, lay it on heavy for last coat, and particularly around the taped edges, then pull tape off quickly while the edges are wet and Voila

post-13203-0-69183800-1470070004.jpg

I have it on a golf cart and the high traffic area under the seat has held up ok. The edges are peeling slightly but overall it still looks very good...1 year in. There is a way to blend in new coats by heating.

Watch some videos on dipmycar.com

Look at it this way shep...

It wont harm the paint, it can be easily removed in no time, and its a cheap deal to do just to try it out and see if you like the way it looks, and if you do save your cash up and have it painted professionally with real paint when you are ready.