1BAD351

What air cleaner assembly is this?

Hey guys I found this air cleaner in my shed and have no idea what it was from. Any idea where this may have been from? My best guess is a 302. It has a little flap in it that can open and pull in hot air I guess? Thoughts? I can't find any numbers on it.

Hmmmm just found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/73-79-Ford-Truck-Air-Cleaner-Assembly-f150-f250-f350-V8-351-400-73-74-75-76-77-/311635715945?hash=item488eefa769:g:DsEAAOSwM4xXYWtl&vxp=mtr

Was this really from a truck or was this used on other vehicles as well? I have no idea where I would have gotten a 70's air cleaner.

0622161905a_zpsemhruwvk.jpg

I'm guessing here but it probably interchanged on several vehicles. The snorkel would have had a flimsy paper or foil tube that connected down to a flimsy sheet steel shroud. The shroud was attached to the exhaust manifold. Heat was ducted into the snorkel to the carb when the flapper opened by vacuum. The gizmo in the air cleaner base is a vacuum switch that is heat sensing as I recall. It has 2 ports on the bottom. Engine vacuum on one side of the switch and vacuum to the flapper motor from the other port. I seem to remember that air cleaner on my Dad's '67 Fairlane 289 wagon. Long gone now.  Dave R.

Lid looks similar to the ones used late 70's on Mustang IIs with V8s and such.  Much shallower than previous years and lots of holes for sensors and such.

That would be my guess as well.  The lids and bodies on the 77-78 Mustang II 302 air cleaners were aluminum.

david

Nothing.

Guess that guy on eBay will never sell his for 80 then haha. I'm about to just throw all these parts out. I hate throwing parts out but sometimes it's just not worth it. But that's the reason sometimes it's hard to find stupid parts, because no one ever bothers to sell them.

Guess that guy on eBay will never sell his for 80 then haha. I'm about to just throw all these parts out. I hate throwing parts out but sometimes it's just not worth it. But that's the reason sometimes it's hard to find stupid parts, because no one ever bothers to sell them.

lol, yeah, i mean how many people are looking for an original air cleaner for their 74 mustang?