Sign in to follow this  
first69

Crome paint for gauge and click bexel

Sorry no pics but it's a very thin, adhesive backed foil. You cut out the approximate shape, stick it on, then trim the excess with an x-acto knife. It's not hard to apply but can be a challenge on things like the oval gauge openings, depending how perfect you want them to look.

You can spray can it and it will look decent and a million times better than no chrome at all . If you have a hig end show car, you must have it vacuum metalized.

The spray can looks quite decent by itself, however, if you hold a vacuum metalized dash next to it, t will look very different.

Some brands/types of "chrome in a can" are much shinier than others . I bought a few different ones last time I had to do someting similar and sprayed them all out on some smooth metal side by side.

After spraying the part to be used in the car, I let it dry several hours then sprayed verathane or deft clear wood lacquer over it which made it a little shinier and protects it when cleaning . That sat overnight in a warm place before I used it.

You can also ask these guys about pricing . I don't know if they do their own or send them out.

http://www.tachman.com/