jjstang

Welding help HOUSTON

Thanks for all the advise.  One question. "Sounds like bacon", I have heard this comment before.  I visualize, or hear depending on your perspective, a small constant sizzle.  I get sizzle but I also get little pops.  When I listen to bacon cooking, it tends to pop a little.  I don't k now if I'm tying to hard if a small constant sizzle is not to be expected.  Otherwise, I'm getting much better.  Cleaner welds with good penetration.  Turn the auto darkening helmet down and now I can see what I'm doing. 

One question. "Sounds like bacon", I have heard this comment before.  I visualize, or hear depending on your perspective, a small constant sizzle.  I get sizzle but I also get little pops.  When I listen to bacon cooking, it tends to pop a little.  I don't k now if I'm tying to hard if a small constant sizzle is not to be expected.

Perhaps the sound it makes when you are welding is that of burning bacon.

I wish I could help. All I've ever done is a bit of mig welding on floor pans and panels. The roller perches I made could have been better but with a wire feed, no gas, it was not too bad. 

What part of Houston area? 

Cool, Trinitys - I see you're in Splendora: i'm over by Lake Houston in Summerwood.  Cool to know another forum member (with '69 Coupe, no less) is nearby (-: