Rsanter

What is a 427 side oiler worth now days?

This one is a 427 in pieces that he wants $5000 for. He said its from a cobra. I don't think so, from the date codes I'm sure it is an industrial engine. Still good stuff but he was saying its a 1966 engine because of the casting numbers. Date codes say it's much later

People forget that ford power division sold tons of 427 side oilers that were used as marine engines, power for pumps, wind machines and generators...etc

You have to watch out because some are standard rotation and some are counter rotation ( crank and cam are opposite/mirror image)

In the end he has a good side oiler block and crank, but junk heads and everything else

Bob

If you look at the modern wind machines, generators, and pumps. You see diesel or if they are gas they are still using then 2V mod engines

What's funny I'd about 15 years ago someone I know who thinks he is some expert guru on the ford FE engines bought a bunch of 427 side oilers from a guy. He was bragging on what a great deal he got and how the seller didn't know what he had...bla bla bla...

Found out that every one of them was a counter rotating industrial engine. So all he really got was desirable blocks and nobody wanted any of the other parts. He didn't lose money but he didn't make hardly anything when all wa said and done....

We were all laughing at him.....mr know it all

Bob

We Californians like to blow hot air ...It is sometimes hard for us to do so we have to build machines to get the job done .

They blow the air around during a freeze ,they take what is called the inversion layer witch is the warmer air above the freezing air that is at ground level and warm up the colder air and is supposed to keep off the frost in the citrus groves .

What the hell do you need a Motor on a wind turbine for? aren't they supposed to be turned by the WIND Haha...Okay im in the South so have no real idea what these wind machines you speak of are

We use them in California to create the ideal envirmental conditions of sun all day with a light breeze so all the blond babes at the beaches have their hair flowing in the wind in just the right way like us guys like to see......

Actually They are used in the winter in citrus orchards to prevent or reduce frost damage to the crop

Bob

So Your sayin the 427 is worth allot to the the windmachine guys!  Wow this is right on!   

Man you are not kidding ...the windmachines around my house in the 70s had 427s and some had 428s .They were industrial motors 

What makes a reverse engine so unique that it can't be converted to standard rotation?  I'm thinking that only a camshaft (and distributor gear) change would be required...no?

The cam and the crank and mirror image

Bob