Sign in to follow this  
STL. Mark

Air Filter

13" was fairly standard O.D. for all air filters on small block or big block Fords of this time period.  It's fairly small for a lot of motors in my opinion.   K & N has a couple filters of the correct O.D. but with different heights that will fit if you want something with a little more flow rating.  Just search their site for filters by dimension.  I've fit a 13-1/4" OD X 3-1/8" tall K&N filter into a 13" Ford Racing filter housing in the past fairly easily because the K&N's are so flexible.

Edit:  It was a K&N 13.125" OD x 3.25" tall filter that I have squeezed into a 13" Ford Racing air filter housing.

For K&N there are a couple 13.125" OD filters that will easily squeeze into a 13" Ford Racing housing.  One is 2.75" tall and another is 3.25" tall.  This link has the K&N page to search by size.  Just enter an outside diameter range of 13 to 13.25, leave the other properties blank, and search for all filters in that OD size range.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/univ2.aspx?id=S0001