My Mach 1

FPA Headers Awesome

Well I bit the bullet and paid the extra bucks and went for the FPA Headers. My 351w has Dart Pro 1 heads and an FMX Trans so finding headers was a really issue besides the Hooker Super Comps. I also didn't want to dimple any header tubes etc. I called Stan at FPA and he built me a set for my set-up. He made them 1 5/8 primaries stepped to 1 3/4. I also had them ceramics coated in the Grey Ice. When they arrived they looked oh so sexy and he used the wider of the dual bolt pattern on the Dart heads so all I had to do was use a 1/4" dr ratchet, 4" extension and. 3/8" socket to bolt them in.Nice and easy.Fit and finish were awesome. The installation was pretty easy and I spent a whole Saturday installing them as I took my time not to scratch the detailed engine bay or the headers. The under car clearance is great and hug the under body nicely.Oh course I had to purchase the PS drop bracket.Super nice headers....pricey...but now that I have them, I wouldn't go any other way. FPA all the way!!!...I was so excited when I opened the box and saw them I forgot to take pics before the install..lol

I agree. I got the grey ice coated headers for my 408C. Very good quality. I think I talked with Stan a good half hour when I ordered mine. Very knowledgable and nice. I would definatly recomend his headers to any one.

I think I talked with Stan a good half hour when I ordered mine. Very knowledgable and nice. I would definatly recomend his headers to any one.

I have a pair and Stan was very nice when I was ordering.  I told him that I was shipping a ton of stuff from the loading dock of Mustangs Unlimited to Europe and that he would be sending the headers to MU.  They were going to be consolidating a lot of stuff I bought from them as well as other venders in one shipment.  

I asked stan when he thought they would be ready.  He gave me a date.  I said we would budget an extra 3 weeks on top of that.  I booked the transatlantic cargo for my container of stuff coming from MU and waited.  Around the delivery date he gave me (thus three weeks out from the shipment), I call and ask if the ETA is still on time.  He is non committal.  I re-explain my logistical situation.  I call back the next week.  Still not ready.  I call back at the beginning of the 3rd week, just 4 days before the shipment is due to be collected and he flies off the handle with me, berating me for harassing him, instructing me that I cannot keep calling him every week.  I remind him of my situation.   He was non-committal.  I had to postpone the collection of my container.   He was all accommodating when he was selling to me but a complete tool once he had my money and I was chasing him to keep his own deadline.  The product is indeed top notch.  The guy behind the product, well, I completed my business with a bitter taste in my mouth.  Who really came through with flying customer service colors was MU, which put up my leaving a ton of sh1t on their loading dock, a lot of which was not theirs.  

My experience with Stan was great, he replace my first set due to the port welding encroaching on my AFR 205 required area.  BigDuke6 Don't forget FPA's are special order custom headers.  Don't take this the wrong way but did you expect him to put your header order in front of others?  He is a small business owner that makes an excellent product that is very challenging from a quality fitment perspective. There are header companies out there that will make you eat any fitment problems, I know because I have dealt with one.  

Hey BigDuke6 - I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Stan at FPA. He gave me great service and we talked for quite a while before I gave him the order. He told me 2weeks and they were shipped to my US mail box ready for pick up in exactly 2weeks as promised. They are a fantastic header, quality is great. But what impressed me the most is that they fit exactly like he said.I would buy them again.

Don't take this the wrong way but did you expect him to put your header order in front of others? 

where in my post did I ever say or imply that?  He gave me a date and we added 3 weeks his own ETA to it as margin for the container to be collected.  When his date came and went and the three week window was closing, meaning he was late, I inquired the status with him in case I needed to postpone the pick up for the rest of my stuff.  He berated me over the phone, his exact words being "you cannot keep calling me every week.  They are done when they are done."  That is not what was discussed or agreed upon when I placed the order.  

I read it all and understand your frustrations Big Duke... You gave him an ADDITIONAL 3 weeks Past the finish date that he gave you of his own accord.

I think you were more than generous and if someone cant have your product ready on time and then you give them an extra 3 weeks and they STILL don't have it ready I would think you should expect some sort of credit or something should be provided to you for their lack of keeping up with their end.

I have been late shipping some stuff to folks and I usually wither cover the shipping or discount the price or SOMETHING to make up for it.

He told me 3-4 weeks for my headers and also said that he would not deduct the money from my card till my headers were built, and thus far I haven't seen any cash come out so I have to assume my headers are not started or done yet LOL.

at the end of the day, I got them to the NL and on my car.  They fit great and I am pleased as punch with them.  Sometimes, a sale does not go as planned and I offered my story as illustrative as one of those.  Remember, when somebody is trying to sell you something, he is your best friend.  Once he has your money, you are usually quickly forgotten.  

Big Duke

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. I have been on both sides of the counter, as my f/t job is selling Kenworth parts over the counter. I understand as being a customer I would want my product. On the selling side yes I do get frustrated when things don't go as planned. Somethimes things do not go right and you don't have the parts for the customer when you say you will. I know sometimes I do get frustrated when a customer keeps calling but I usually stop and think how I would feel before I go off the deep end on the customer. Maybe he was having a bad day. Glad to hear you did get your headers and like them thou

once i get my 5 speed, ill call these guys. after you guys posting reviews, makes me want to get a set.. lol 

I know with mine, I went with the hydraulic throw out bearing for clearence. Just make sure you give Stan all the info. Trans, clutch type, steering set up and what oil pan you have. Seemed like everything I had on My car Stan had an Application. TKO 600, Moroso oil pan and TCP power rack.

good luck.

gh.

Here's one for you guys.

I was about to pull the trigger on some wheels and the guy said they had 2 in stock and the other 2 would ship from the manufacturer, problem is I already know that the company making the wheels is not producing the ones I want and hasn't made any in 6 months and NONE of the big dogs knows when they will be making them again, but this Jack leg wanted to take my money and then make me wait on my wheels for who knows how long.

I think it took 7 weeks to get my headers from Stan.  He has to deal with allot (material delivery and quality, machinery, worker issues, mistakes etc)  but makes a very good product.  Please report when you get them!      

Got my FE TriY headers from Stan two weeks ago. They look great but the collectors are very different from traditional headers. I am hoping I can still meet my HP goals without a merge style collectors.

What kinda collectors did you get, only ones I have ever seen are 3 bolt or Ball & Socket...Neither of the 2 should affect horsepower goals

I have the 3" ball and socket exhaust connection but it's not really considered a true merge collector in my opinion. I think the FPA TriY's are the best headers for all around fit/performance. I believe I'll be very happy with them, especially since I can install my engine with the headers bolted up. This is a HUGE benefit. If big power (over 600hp) is the goal there are better headers. Headers with four into one merge collectors with > or = 2 1/8 primary pipes will make more power but they are such a pain in street application. 

I suppose if your going for MAX power and don't mind giving up some bottom end then a 2" or larger primary would be ideal.

I haven't seen the Tri-Y Merege collector your talking about so im not sure what it looks like.

I just kinda assumed that it was a 4 into 1.... If you have good heads and big enough Cam, along with some compression 600 hp shouldn't be a big problem...When we dynoed my 408 we used 2" primary headers and it made 550 at the flywheel on motor with what I consider a very small roller cam.

550hp out of a 408 with 2" headers is impressive. Well done!

The TriY's are a four into two into one design with 2in primaries. The collector has two 2" into a 3" collector. Stan has heard of high 500's with his headers but nothing over 600....yet. I'm going to put them to the test.